1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Q on DVD Burners

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by Goose69, Oct 27, 2001.

1. Goose69

Goose69 Member

Ok, there are a new rash of DVD Burners from Pioneer, Hewlett Packard and others. Plus competing formats of DVD-RW, DVD+RW, DVD-R, etc., etc.

The questions I have are:
    1) Would it be possible to to burn Multiple "movies" onto a 4.7gb disk where you had a menu selection created and you could pick which movie to watch? Without getting too specific, what I am trying to create is a DVD that has multiple VCD movies on it instead of breaking them up across CD-R's. Follow me?

2) There are fantastic guides to go from DVD to VCD, SVCD, etc. But anyone know of a guide to go from ripped DVD to DVD? And of course I am talking about NON copy-righted material.

THANKS!!!!!!!

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

1) Sounds clever :) I would probably try to see if the standalone DVD player and/or DVD burning software (Nero..) would allow you to create just simply 4.7GB VCD, burn it to DVD-R and watch it with the standalone DVD player. And same test for SVCD of course. Can't say if it works or not, but I would put my money on "yes it does work" because miniDVDs work as well and basically now we're just talking doing the stuff vice versa. Shit, someone, send me a DVD burner ,-)

2) No solutions for not losing _any_ quality yet. Only way that I know (and other sites suggest as well) is to rip the movie, encode it to "clean" MPEG-2 with TMPGEnc by using TMPGEnc's DVD templates and authoring it with SpruceUp and burning it with Nero.

3. Goose69

Goose69 Member

:)

Well my experiment has begun but it is going to take some time. Here is the scenario:

* 3 PCs ripping, and converting to VCD using all the standard stuffs of 3 DVD's
    * I am going to use Ulead's Video Studio 5 for DVD authoring (titling, transitions, etc.)
    * Burn a DVD-R "movie" of this project and stick it in my regular Sony DVD player (700p)

In "theory" this experiment to make a 4.7gb project of 3 VCDs should work.

I will let you know my outcome tomorrow when all the rippin' and converting is done.

4. rtamna

rtamna Member

ok. so what happened? you never posted ur results. My name is Rupinda I am sexy girl.

bye