1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Q regarding backing up an ISO.

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by IRCRomeo, Dec 8, 2004.

1. IRCRomeo

IRCRomeo Member

Well, I also have a problem backing up my copy of The Bourne Supremacy. Now, I ripped it as an ISO with DVD Decryptor, and I have DVD Shrink + Nero 6. How do I burn the movie now? I can't seem to find anything in DVD Shrink. It only analyzes the movie, but never lets me start to burn. I know this more than likely has a simple solution, but I just can't figure it out!

2. kchev

kchev Regular member

what button did you hit at the top?

did it just analyze or analyze AND encode?

you won't be able to burn until after it finishes encoding

3. IRCRomeo

IRCRomeo Member

I assume you mean DVD Shrink. I don't see an encode anywhere.

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Kchev,You have a PM. In dealing with IRCRomeo in another thread, this member has outright refuses to use the "search" function or to look for or read any guide concerning DVD Shrink.. His argument is, he has waited for 5 hours for someone to tutor him and it's so long the rules don't apply to him. He's asked the same things in a PM to me with questions 4 times against forum rules.

It is my suggestion that this "gentleman" only be helped when he demonstrates that he has done something on his own like read a Shrink, File - open disc img guide, any guide about anything - He doesn't seem to know what encoding is even though the Glossary is there, he won't look up the word "encoding" in the Glossary.

Pete

5. IRCRomeo

IRCRomeo Member

Sorry Pete, but I don't agree with the way you act. I'm sorry, but I'm a very busy guy. I work on multiple forums, (yes work, I help people, it's what I do.) I never tell people "omg get bent read this". I answer them, then suggest to read a FAQ/tutorial. You didn't even offer to show where a tutorial is. I'm not saying you should, you can do as you wish, but you come off very harsh. Perhaps you had a bad day, I don't know, but I like helping people. I never tell someone off.

About my original Q, I figured it out. It's just too bad The Bourne Supremacy had to be one of the first DVDs I ever tried to rip with DVD Shrink. I didn't have any experience with the program to try to workaround the problem. Hell, I still need to figure out what re-author is. :p

6. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Ooohh, I understand those Oohh so many PM's now, I didn't understand then, you're so very busy and doing a bit of looking on your own would be a terrible hardship - and me, Heck my time is worthless, yes, your right of course, I should be doing your work for you - and within your perscribed time limits too (for those just tuning in, IRC Romeo waited for 5 hours and since he waited that long forum rules didn't apply to him -

You're right, Perhaps I was "hasty", IRC Romeo - -

At the top of every forum in bold letters is a post by dRD intitled READ THIS (forum Rules.) you may have missed that as well as you missed it in the PM's you continually sent me because your post wasn't answered in 5 hours. In there they say to read threads and check guides which so far you still haven't done.

So we try again, At the top of each page, that you must scroll past in order to get to the posts there is a bunch of tabs among them GUIDES (which you still haven't used as your posts indicate) 2 tabs down it says Glossary where you could have found out what an "encoding" was to that you could better identify one when you ran across one. With the slightest bit of reading, you could have found out what an "Extra" was too.

The very first thread of this forum says "GUIDES ?!?!" and you didn't read that either BECAUSE if you did, 1/2 of the way down on page 2 was a total guide for DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink -

I guess it isn't time - you still refuse to do anything on your own -

Last edited: Dec 9, 2004
  7. IRCRomeo

IRCRomeo Member

I actually did fully read the guides for both programs. Pete, I never said anything negative about you or that your time is worthless. I just didn't find the answer I needed, so I asked for help. As I said, I grew up helping people. That's what I did at every job I've done.