1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Qoob vs Viper Question (N00b)

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by CrashnBrn, Apr 8, 2005.

1. dismatrix

dismatrix Member

Sorry if this is a stupid question, just want to know.

With this Mod chips... Can I just put the game backup (mini DVD-R) in my GameCube and it'll run just fine? I dont need to have the GameCube connected to my computer, or anything else right?

Another thing, Can't I just stick the GameCube games in my Computer DVD drive and copy them? Or do I FTP to the GameCube kinda like Xbox?

Thankx in advance.

2. gulliver

gulliver Regular member

Yeah, once the chip is installed correctly you should be able to pop in your backup and play. Of course there's other factors like media compatibility and whatnot, but you can find out more detailed info in brakken's faq as I don't wanna have to repeat a ton of info that's already out there.

As far as copying your games, there's a program called viperrippermulti that let's you put the game in the cube and stream the copy to your computer with a GC bba and a crossover cable. You can also find backups online but I can't tell you where. If you search hard enough you'll find it.

3. JustaDude

JustaDude Member

Hey ..Er sorry man...im gettin totally lost... i went through most of the forum and im still lost...!
    I just wanna mod my gamecube but donnu where to start...
    can someone just give me a FAQ or a link to one on how to..
    like what i need, like the mod viper gc, and softwares...and how to copy the game ..and how to make it work.
    just need the first step man.!
    THAnks
    if u can email me the details at quocxn@hotmail.com
    PLEaSe!!
    sorry again

4. gulliver

gulliver Regular member

1) Brakken's faq is linked on this forum. Just browse through the thread titles to find it or do a search for it.

2) Don't post your email as it's against the rules.

Last edited: May 20, 2005