1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

quality dvd rips

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by ice24tt04, Oct 7, 2007.

1. ice24tt04

ice24tt04 Member

Hi I'm new to dvd ripping...

have a little questions to ask...

there's a new LG dvd recorder in the family, and everyone got excited by recording our home made stuffs from mini dv tapes to the recorder. Recently, my bro got married, and we were happily recording his wedding tapes from the dv tape to the recorder, in return writing it out on the dvds.

now the tricky part is this. all our relatives are dying to gain a copy of his wedding, but he wanna edit out his embrassessed moments. So i tried copying the vts files onto my desktop, and using windows movie maker to cut out portions. however, when i dvd write the new movie, it was in such bad quality.

Could anyone guide me or hint me how do i gain quality video files from the dvd-r, which we burnt our own stuffs from the LG, copied to the computer, edit and burnt it out a decent dvd quality disk?

2. SL7Rips

SL7Rips Regular member

Use Magic DVD ripper and rip it to avi and use nero to edit it

3. jony218

jony218 Guest

Use the demo of videoredo, it can edit the VOB's, using frame accurate precision. When it saves the output, it does it without reencoding (which means it remains as good as the original). The demo can edit 30 minute clips only (a typical vob is usually less than 30 minutes). I've use the demo to edit an entire dvd 90 minute movie, everything remained in sync and there was no lost of quality.