1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

quality enhancements

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by montrolla, Nov 16, 2004.

1. montrolla

montrolla Member

what would be the difference or better said, how does the movie looks when using the smoothness and when using the sharpness?

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

get a couple of RW's and see what you think.

3. zippyd

zippyd Active member

Basically what it boils down to is how you percieve quality. Some people claim to be able to notice even the slightest degredation of quality during playback, and others will ask those people what the hell they're smoking cuz it looks great to them.

So as Flip said...
    get a couple RW's and see what you think.

4. montrolla

montrolla Member

well, i tried elf with maximum sharpness, and one thing for sure is that took a hell of time (6h:21m)
    quality: awesome

5. plywood9

plywood9 Guest

Well i don't know about you guys but all this talk about COMPLETE MOVIES,EXTRA'S,PREVIEWS, in my opion are time consuming things i don't need or want anyway. I hit the re-author button save the movie only, I leave the "DEFAULT" at sharpness and uncheck Run Deep Any button.....i'm a newbie at this but i think the copies are great>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

6. ERA2000

ERA2000 Regular member

I think I'll start to use Re-Author on movies with under 70% compression.
    Just backed up Dog Soldiers Full mode and took out everything I could and still only got it up to 55%.
    Needless to say movie looks like crap on PowerDVD, probably better on regular TV though.

7. plywood9

plywood9 Guest

hello ERA2000,just my opion i just got my new hp630i DVD DRIVE.
    the software that came with it(SONIC JUNK) sucks anyway the POWERDVD sucks aswell. my burned movies with POWERDVD do the same thing as yours. i don't use any of the software it came with. all i need is DVDShrink and DVDDecyter set it works fine for me. don't want to watch dvd's on my computer screen anyway. you would think when we by these products we would get better software, but it's like everything else there going to give the cheapest software they can. i tried to remove the new version of RECORDNOW7.1 and go back to the old RECORDNOW3.5 beause i like it better, but the 630i dvddrive isn't compatiable with this new drive.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>later PLY

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2004
  8. ERA2000

ERA2000 Regular member

I actually like PowerDVD.
    I think the movie looked crappy because of sharper picture (resolution) on a monitor vs. TV.

9. montrolla

montrolla Member

i think this thread is out of topic. would you mind to start a new one on your own. i dont mean to be rude. thanks.

10. plywood9

plywood9 Guest

who might you be talking to???

Opions thats why we are here

right

i'm a newbie but i'm enjoying all of this...

PLY>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

11. zippyd

zippyd Active member

montrolla,

6h21m is a really long time. I'd like you to be able to go a bit quicker, but to find out if we can get you going faster, we'll need to know your Computer specs.
    What processor
    how much RAM
    hard drive size
    That should get us started. We'll go from there.

12. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

He was talking to you plywood9 and so am I. Don't drag a thread off topic then get lippy about it if the author doesn't appreciate it.

13. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

hi montrolla,plywood9, now getting back to original question of the thread. I look at it like this. What about tomorrow? How are those backups going to look leaving off deep analysis and slow encode on your future high definition/plasma bigscreen tv? A little extra time today may save you time later down the road. 6:21 is a heck of a long time. I average about 2 hours or so. Check your dma settings,that may be causing your trouble. Mine are set : primary dma 5 secondary dma 2. Report back with your pc specs per "zippyd" and these gurus on these forums can take care of your process time. Later

14. plywood9

plywood9 Guest

Nephilim......

well i don't think he was talking to me..........

opions are like A__holes everybody's got one.

You know i app. every one's help but you don't have to stay in this thread no one is making you do that...and i don't care what you think.......

you should read the reply above me

PLY>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2004
  15. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

You should because if you keep it up you're gone.

16. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

And looks like some are bigger than others.

Hows this one for you? Forum Rule #8. Don't reply with an off-topic comment/question -- instead start a new thread.

Also in the Forum Rules: --==>> IF YOU VIOLATE THESE RULES, YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE BANNED PERMANENTLY <<==--[/quote]