1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quality of DVD's??

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by dbw9, Sep 9, 2004.

1. dbw9

dbw9 Member

I haven't gotten my Burner, Sony DRX 700 ul double layer, yet so I havent burned any DVD's as yet on my computer. Which by the way is a HP 1.2 gig256 mb sdram, 60 Gig HD with CDRW and DVD installed. I am apprehensive as to the quality I can expect. I have downloaded a DVD to the hard drive and it seemed very glitchy on the playback. Is this normal. I used DVD shrinker . I just dont want to waste my money for crappy DVD copies. What is the MOST I can hope for vs The least?
    Thanks

2. Deeman

Deeman Guest

Your computer setup seems good enough for great copies. I myself use a 1.2ghz amd for my back-ups. I wouldn't trust anything downloaded because you can't verify quality from the source. Try backing up a movie you have already purchased to chase down any bugs you may have. Good luck!

3. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

As long as you get rid of some of the junk, extras and don't over compress your copies, the quality will be very good. Don't try to save money buying poor quality blanks. Stick with known good media like Ritek or Verbatim. Check this site for media compatibility with your burner.

http://www.videohelp.com.

Jerry
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][/small]

Last edited: Sep 9, 2004
  4. dbw9

dbw9 Member

Thanks Guys,
    I appreciate the reply. I will give it all a shot tomorrow when the burner arrives. They say this burner can store 7 DAYS of music on one disc,in the mp3 format. That will be cool anyway, if it doesen't make movies good.
    Thanks again

5. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Your new burner is dual layer which can do a copy with almost no compression if you were to use the dual layer blanks. But they are expensive right now ($10. to $15. each). In time I'm sure that price will come down.

Jerry
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][/small]

Last edited: Sep 9, 2004