1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quality of Media

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Paolo75, Apr 29, 2003.

1. Paolo75

Paolo75 Member

Im buying a pioneer 105 dvd-r burner at the weekend, and i was wondering if anyone had any hints on the best type of media.

I had Verb datalife with my cdr but when i used them with my ps2 (v3 messiah2) they were hit and miss. Since then i found out that i should have been using datalife plus. Is there a big difference?

Also the guy in the shop im buying the burner recommended the new datawrite red 4 speed discs. Ive got a few backup games/movies on the grey 2 speed datawrite and they are fine. Anyone got any experience with the new red discs?

2. ps2bot

ps2bot Guest

try Verbatim DataLifePlus DVD-R 4.7GB 2x speed, or Ritek for a cheaper solution. Just stick with 1x/2x, 4x wont help you anything but wasting your bucks, especially if you want to back up games. Burning games as low speed as you can, if you want to test 4x, no problem, go ahead, but your burner will very likely give you a coaster.

3. shank69ox

shank69ox Regular member

I have that same burner.I have tryed all sorts of cheap media.The one I stick with,no coasters ever is EMTEC DVD-R 1X from Tigerdirect.com.They sell for $24.99USD for 25 disks.I have backed up over 200 PS2 and XBOX games.I have also used them for DVD movies with no problems.They work great,and the price is right.

4. L-dubb

L-dubb Regular member

Iuse Ritek and Princo media from Rima.com. My burner will burn any media at 2x so it matters not to me. Muhahaha!!!

5. c7015

c7015 Regular member

I use Ritek (always work for PS2 and Movies)

Verbatim (if I feel like paying allot for discs but want the best that there is)

Imation of they dont have anything else

(I buy all of my ritek discs of ebay)

6. retslig

retslig Member

I have a memorex Dvd+r and i use verbatim. They work great. Cost about 2 bucks a piece. :(
    Havnt had much luck with other brands, but never had a bad dvd movie or game with verbatim.