1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quality of Media

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by coco6748, Mar 2, 2004.

1. coco6748

coco6748 Member

I have been recently having difficulties with several ripping and burning packages. The one truely reliable application I've found so far is DVD Decryptor. It always works.

However, what I'm finding is that a very significant variable is the quality of the blank DVD media. My burner is a Pioneer DVR-105 with current firmware. Some of the bulk media just will not work with some burning packages while others will. So far, all I've been able to determine is that "Trial & Error" is the only way to decide which media to use on which application.

I'd be very interested in what others have found in this regard. My best luck, so far, is with the DVD-RW that came with my burner and TDK DVD-R media. Others, for me at least, have been "hit or miss".

Thanks for any thoughts; and my this thread, if it develops into one, is useful for others!

--Bob Harris

2. DaOsT

DaOsT Regular member

ok I recently bought 100 riteks and they were the same hit and miss.....I lossed 4 back up copies of My first 10 films I did with the ritek pinks so I stick with what works 4 Me

I use datawrte no not the best by any margin but My set up seems to like em so I will stick with them .....

you could buy one of those packs were a company will send you several brands pf blank dvd media and see which your system agrees with ..its hit n miss I agree I was just lucky to get a brand that My system likes from day one