1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quality setup

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by montrolla, Nov 21, 2004.

1. montrolla

montrolla Member

do i need to use "deep analysis" if i'm going to use the "quality enhancement"?

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

The Only time you might want to do a deep analysis is if you compress the movie a lot. If you are just copying the main movie there would hardly be any compression if any so there is no need for the deep analysis. If you are copying the whole disk with chapters and all then it would be wise to do the deep analysis. But to be a smart a** I could say no you dont need to use anything you dont want.. LOL Really though there is no need if your doing just the main movie, but wise to use it if compressing a lot
    This is right from the DVD Shrink guide itself. I dont use either setting and get perfect copies I just try to use little or no compression by reauthoring. It is also much faster this way and I'm an Impatient person.. :)

Hope this help ya out :)

Last edited: Nov 22, 2004
  3. zippyd

zippyd Regular member

Basically, as I've said before, quality is how you percieve it.
    Some people establish a percentage that they will either enable or disable the deep analysis function. You need to establish a point at which you think the quality loss is too great and you want to use it. It's all a matter of trial and error in the world of DVD backup.

I'm still waiting on a response in your other thread. I feel 6h21m is a bit extreme and was hoping to help, if possible, to get that time down.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/126522