1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

QUBiSM Remote Loading Server 1.2 Released

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by Mr69ways, Nov 2, 2004.

1. Mr69ways

Mr69ways Guest

Posted this on someother forums. Just an FYI (got it a couple of days ago). Anyone had experience with the previous versions of this software. Says that it is capable of streaming game without user input on their computer.

By the way has anyone tried this method with PSO+ version

2. twist183

twist183 Member

i havent heard of it... im haveing problems with PSO+ when it connects to the PC it doesnt load anything and goes straight to unable to connect screen and stuff and it wont load anything i tell it too. for instance when i go to load a DOL file with the latest phenoix it wont load. i used the method of backing up games found on this site and i cant get phase 2 to work right i dont get a red screen instead it goes to something about the server needing matience and press start... any suggestions on this?

im getting the dns query from the GC but nothing after that just that and it ends...

i get this "attempt to connect to the server has failed. it is possible that the server is undergoing matience. the line will be disconnected. PRESS START"
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]questions are asked because people dont know[/small]

Last edited: Nov 2, 2004
  3. Mr69ways

Mr69ways Guest

Yes, that is the known issue with the Plus version. It appears that Sega decided to fix the "hole" in PSO by not allowing you to connect to an internal IP Address.

4. twist183

twist183 Member

so in other words i out 30 bucks? and thers nothing i can really do about it right now...

5. Mr69ways

Mr69ways Guest

It's being worked on but can't say when or if it will be possible. I am seriously thinking of going to purchase it to do my own testing (I love a good challenge). By the way can someone tell me how the first "hole" was found in PSO.

6. StoneRain

StoneRain Member

The very first hole goes back to dreamcast. I think the first major online system with PSO 1 not 2. DC had special discs too, so they had to be ripped from the DC over a net cable just like GC. The difference is that DC could read normal CDs, so eventually people figured out how to burn them. I would guess if you looked up the documentation on how the program was made, maybe even some source... you might get a good clue. The other half of the equation is that PSO loads maps dynamically from a server. You have to figure out how to bait and switch the map,"you dont want this map, you want that map. oh this really isnt a map it is an exe. oh and all those other programs in memory, you dont want those, clear them out and run these programs..." old tricks new problem.

7. Mr69ways

Mr69ways Guest

Ouch. you hurt my brain :)

Now when you say that PSO loads maps dynamically from the server was this also a problem for streaming and the loading of DOL files with the first release of PSO for GC (non + version).

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2004
  8. Mr69ways

Mr69ways Guest

Got a reply back from coders of Remote Loading Server 1.2 . Reply below.

"No, I haven't tested the PSO+ version, there's a good chance the program could work, but I'm really not sure".

Can someone try this out.

I would copy/paste the readme file for the program but I think its against forum rules.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2004
  9. twist183

twist183 Member

ill try it im running out of options hahaha ill be willin to take a shot at it. where can i get the files to run it?

10. Mr69ways

Mr69ways Guest

You know I can't tell you that (boy does it hurt to write that). What I will do is see if Xtremeconsole.com will host the file (I mean that have other files for download.). I will keep you posted.

11. StoneRain

StoneRain Member

I have PSO+ and would be willing to try it out. I am seriously doubting it will because I dont think all of the changes in how it works have been found yet.

12. Mr69ways

Mr69ways Guest

Hey Stonerain I contacted the coders of Remote loading Server to see if he could post it at Xtremeconsole.com

13. Mr69ways

Mr69ways Guest

14. StoneRain

StoneRain Member

this was updated before PSO+ even came out if I understand correctly. I have used an earlier version to actually browes files on my computer with PSO+, but you cant load games because it is still using the original PSOload and PSUL.

Now, I didnt actually try it because I'm trying to keep garbage off my computer right now, and I dont have any images/backups/homebrews.

oh well, sooner or later someone will get it.

15. Mr69ways

Mr69ways Guest

You'd think someone found workaround for PSO+. I went to a couple of gameshops (EB and Gamestop) and its on back order (I should have gotten it last week when I had the chance).

16. Mr69ways

Mr69ways Guest

Obtained a copy of PSO+ today. I will be testing it tonight (I can tell already that I will need to make some modifications of my existing network).

17. bigflavor

bigflavor Member

mr69ways: if you go read pages 6-9 on the main "full backup..." thread; it will give you details on how to make plus work. it's wack. just buy the regular one from eb.

18. Mr69ways

Mr69ways Guest

Thanks, I will read it today.