1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Query about modding a Wii

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by arioch2, Jul 9, 2007.

1. arioch2

arioch2 Guest

I'm starting to think about buying a Wii and (of course) want to get a chipped one. But as I'm a bit of a noob to the Wii scene I've got a few questions before I decide what to do.

1)I've been reading about these 'unmoddable' Wii's, have any cropped up in the UK yet?
    2)Would it be best to just BUY the thing and worry about chips later?
    3) Is soldering the chip in that hard? (I've soldered before, but I'm a bit nervous)

2. Menion

Menion Regular member

well it is known that the New Wii's have surfaced in Canada, Japan and the US as for Europe I could only assume, Every Nintendo console is produced in Japan so I wouldn't think they would keep the old production lines going just for a specific country so count on getting 1.

I think so if buying the Wii for just the chip you might as well stick with the PS2 much more homebrew and applications and emulators out there for it. Besides there are so many wii games worth the money you spend on them.

I don't think its the saughtering you need to worry about on these new ones man, It the fact of grinding away the Ic chip to expose the leads you probably want to worry about, I sure wouldn't try it but who knows if you get an older version just pre saughter the wires use flux and wha-la thats simple enough. Though evidently Team Executer plans on releasing a chip for the system to bypass the new system modification so Ill be surprised to ever see it but at least gives you something to look forward too.

3. Menion

Menion Regular member

slow server delay :/

Last edited: Jul 10, 2007
  4. arioch2

arioch2 Guest

Thanks for the help , looks like maybe getting a pre-modded console is the way to go then!