1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questiion about possible future firmware updates.

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by situation, May 14, 2007.

1. situation

situation Member

I want to buy a 360 from this person: http://www.sell.com/22981S

But wanted to know about a possible update. If there are future problems with compatibility, like there was with the Spring update and 5.2, will I have to send the box backf to be re-updated or learn it myself? Or would there be an easier method?

2. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

first of all i must say, if you decide to purchase a 360 from him he will not do you wrong, he is very respectful.
    now with that said you dont need to, use the info from these fourms to do it your self.
    the first of the three xboxs i own was a preflashed system i bought,
    the other two i done my self and updated them all 3 with the newest firmare.
    either way you do need to keep the firmware up to date so if you buy from him im sure he would reflash it for you but you will have to ship it to him every time.
    though firmware updates are not that often they do happen.
    maybe you will be like me, buy one, find out what dvd drive it has and then gather up all the items and info you need to keep it updated your self.
    either way good luck!

3. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

im kind of suspicious on the person unless its local buying and cash sale. but the person saying he is trustable is kind of wierd seems like its he himself. idk w.e

4. situation

situation Member

Here's the thing, I've been reading tutorials and stuff but everything still feels complicated to me. It seems that I have to buy so many things, including a dvd drive, a dvd burner, some kind of cables. And then I have to buy a USB stick and then I have to open up the xbox. I mean geez, I wish there was a TRUE step by step, not one like the stickied afterdawn tut, but something truly simple. I mean I have to open up my Xbox 360 and THEN open up my DVD burner? It's all giving me a true brain ache!

5. situation

situation Member

I'm reading the textbook's tut and was also wondering if I could skip the "ripping" business if I had other "ways" to obtain images or isos of the games? So then could I skip the whole open external DVD drive?

6. bazthegun

bazthegun Member

that is correct dude.

the actuall flashing part is pretty straight forward.

7. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

lol... if it was me, why would i tell him he could do it himself?
    if you read into what i said its obvious i bought my first one from him.
    i was impationt at first like it seems situation is.
    situation: it will seems alot harder than iy is, its not hard at all, the hole flashing with a ms25 or a ms28 ( the ones i have)
    take less than 5 min.
    backing up your games very easy with kreon flashed drive.