1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

question about 2 different file formats ... how to burn ???

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mediya, Feb 26, 2005.

1. mediya

mediya Member

HI
    I have a film in 2 parts but they are in 2 different formats (one is .mpeg and the other is .wmv) .. how do I go 'bout burning this on to a single DVD to play on my dvd player. Should I convert them into a single format and join them ??
    I also have another movie with 2 .wmv files ... what's the best proggy to join them ??
    and my last question is since those 2 movies and not very big in size can I burn both on a single DVD??

I'm a newbie so can you pls explain in a simple way so I could understand. I have DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypter and AnyDVD already installed on my system and I will be using "Ridisc" DVD's to burn the movies.
    Hope some 1 will help me.

TiA

2. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

As long as they are supported, some programs (e.g. DVDSanta, Nero) accept multiple formats.

3. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

dvdsanta might do that on wmv files and mpeg...

also divxtodvd i think?

4. mediya

mediya Member

Hi guys,
    I tried DVDSanta to rip the first file (.mpeg , filesize is 598 MB)and the result was VTS_01_1.VOB , VTS_01_2.VOB and VTS_01_3.VOB .. the first two files are 1 odd GB and the third file is only 46MB ..... and the second file ( .wmv filesieze is 161 MB ) produced 2 more VOB files namely VTS_02_1.VOB which is 1 odd gid and VTS_02_2.VOB which is 873 GB ...
    now my question is can I watch this on a stand alone DVD player if I burn this as it is or do I need to Join VTS_01_3.VOB , VTS_02_1.VOB and VTS_02_2.VOB to make files namely VTS_01_3.VOB and VTS_01_4.VOB ??? if so what is the program I should use to join VOB files ... I hope I made myself clear for you'll to understand ....

hope to hear from you soon.

tia

5. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

kool! you have done the hard part! now the easy part!

1, take all vobs only! you will need to rename the second part as follows to match the first! let me explain...

your first vobs can stay named the same! but the second set needs remaning in consec order!

eg:

VTS_01_1.VOB \
    VTS_01_2.VOB---| part 1 untouched vobs
    VTS_01_3.VOB /

second set rename to:

VTS_01_4.VOB \
    VTS_01_5.VOB---| part 2 RENAMED vobs
    VTS_01_6.VOB /

now you can place all these vobs in one folder!

2, Get ifoedit and clcik button CREATE IFO it will make ifo / bup for thse vobs! (dvd structure) use same destnation folder as vobs! let it run!

3, burn the files in a folder called VIDEO_TS in nero etc use button ADD-Video (nero makes the VIDEO_TS folder for you!) so just drag allfiles in that folder and burn!

EASY!
    =======================
    if you want to make menus / chapter links use tmpgenc dvd author and drop the vob/ifo/bup on ADD_VIDEO button and mmake menu! and burn with same app!
    =======================

Last edited: Feb 27, 2005
  6. mediya

mediya Member

Hi Rotary,
    first of all thx for the quick reply
    OK ...I started Nero VisionExpress 2 and clicked "Add Video files" and opened the folder where the VOB files are then selected VTS_01_1.VOB ... but it doesn't do anything .... ??? what I'm I doing wrong ?? I tried the movie with Nero Showtime and works fine ... I just need to burn to a dvd now can you help me to do this ...

My other question is can I trim parts of a VOB file ?? is so how to do it ...

Hope to hear from you soon
    tia

7. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi there

did you sort it?

i use nero burning rom, i dont have vision express!

burning rom you just add all files to the folder VIDEO_TS that nero makes!

8. mediya

mediya Member

Hi Rotary
    Yeah ....thx I burned it and was successful. Tx for all your help.

tx