1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

question about backing up games..

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by skilletz7, Feb 24, 2003.

1. skilletz7

skilletz7 Member

i want to back up some of my games, but i realized they are pretty damn big. are there any files that i dont really need and could get rid of? if so...which ones? also, which ones do i have to have?

2. hoppers

hoppers Regular member

there are the video files, but if you dont know what you are at, steer well clear of them.

3. lee500

lee500 Member

Hello,

Can any one tell me how to backup my games using the Nero 6. I tried some of the steps from the forums but not working at all. I burn it by first creating the ISO in Nero 6.0 and then burn it to DVD-R because my xbox only reads DVD-Rs. One time it I burned it and I put it in my xbox and it come up with the screen this is a xbox game disc please put it in your xbox to play. Why is it doing this? Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!!

4. leviticus

leviticus Regular member

lee500,

xbox isn't my thing, but im pretty sure you need a modchip of some sort. you can't just pop it in there and think it will work. theres something called Craxtion, i think, out there that can copy xbox games into an .iso correctly. ask around

cya

5. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

You need a mod chip to play backups and also to be able to copy them. There is no 1:1 copy for XBOX games

6. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

skilletz - please use the search function at the top of the page, there's enough info here on making xbox backups to make your head spin. It is also much faster than posting a question and waiting for a reply.
    but you need to have a chip or some sort of other mod in order to do it since the xbox drive is the only thing that reads the xbox discs, the dtaa much be transfered to your PC and then an xbox compatible iso needs ot be made so it will burn correctly. There are a few burning roms out there that can burn the data without making anxISO, but the settings must be correct, so it's easier just to make the iso and burn it with the software you normally use.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
    http://www.BillLonero.com - check out bill, he rocks and he's way cool.
    irc.addictz.net #ad_buddies
    IRC guide - http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/47221

***Hey, Let's try that "search" function!!*[/small]

Last edited: Jan 27, 2004
  7. ABMone

ABMone Guest

hey skilletz

You can get rid of the update.xbe and dashupdate.xbe if they are on there because they are for live and you obviouly wont need them.

Also sift through the movie folders and sounds for any other languages and lose those too. If a game has demos those can be left out and thats pretty much the basics.