1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about backups

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Bonzay0, Apr 4, 2007.

1. Bonzay0

Bonzay0 Member

i have modbo modchip on my ps2
    and i want to use xploder/gameshark/ARMAX/codebreaker codes with my backups dvd/cd
    but nothing works cus they not orginals (even the xploder/gameshark/ARMAX/codebreaker are backups)
    what can i do that will enable me to use the codes on my ps2
    without buying swap magic or anything like that...
    the reason i bought modchip is because i dont want use swapmagic and the other things like that...
    so if any 1 know how plz help me!

2. steimy

steimy Active member

no offense intended, but you should have thought ahead and bought a good modchip then, instead of that cheap clone Modbo chip.

You will have to look on the modbo site and see if it says it is compatable with any cheat discs. Or contact them.
    http://www.modbo.com/
    I checked out the specs on the Modbo 4.0 and it did not even mention being compatible with any cheat discs.

3. Bonzay0

Bonzay0 Member

can i make a boot disk to load backups disk with cheats
    or i must buy swap magic to do that?

4. steimy

steimy Active member

there may be a special way to copy the game or something but i have never had to do it since my DMS4 Pro works with AR Max and also has a built in cheat device

Swap Magic will not help you any. Either the modchip you have will work with cheat discs or it will not. Then your only alternative is to looks for controller entered (button) cheats