1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about burning dual layer DVD

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by siriiven, Mar 3, 2007.

1. siriiven

siriiven Member

I recently got a Dell XPS 410. It has a burner in it called GSA-H31N which I believe is a Hitachi. I burned a dual layer backup on it earlier with cloneCD at 2X speed. It went through with no errors, but I'm wondering if it burned correctly. It doesn't say it is a DL bruner on the outside of the burner, but when I ordered it it said DL capable burner. I checked the disk in my computer after I burned it. It is labeled XBOX360. There are only two folders in there I think VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS. It didn't look like there were many files.

Is that because the DVD drive just can't read XBOX disks correctly or did it not burn correctly?

2. Viper3

Viper3 Regular member

If you want to burn from your computer, you have to use a program called xbc and/or shtrom (or something). The main thing you need however is a samsung sh-d162c DVD-Drive. There are no longer manufactured so it is best to get one from ebay at an overpriced amount.