1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

question about burning speed in shrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by boom38, May 4, 2005.

1. boom38

boom38 Member

I have Ritek 8X DVD-R media, when I use DVD shrink I put the disc that I want to copy. It analyzes it and I reauthor to what I need. Now when I click on backup a window opens up asking me about source and destination etc... one of the tabs has burn speed, it always defaults to Maximum, my other options show 1X,2X & 2.4X with that disc in. With my blank media it shows me 2X, 4X & 8X. Once it is done encoding it jumps right into burning and doesn't give me a chance to select 4X. What do I do?

2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

hi boom38, for now, start with - edit, then preferences, then file i/o, untick 'enable burning with nero'

3. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

You should always set the speed with your blank media in the drive and spun up. You probably figured out that if no blank media is present then Shrink/Nero will use some default speed settings rather than speeds tailored to the specific blank media.

Once you select a speed then that should be the speed at which Nero burns the DVD. You should not have to set the speed again.

Just remember to have the blank media spinning in the burner to do this.

You can do as creaky suggested and disable Nero, however this will of course require you to open Nero or some other burn program and complete the burn manually.

Last edited: May 4, 2005
  4. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

yeah sorry, i didn't finish my post off for some reason... wierd, but fasfrank read my mind!

5. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

boom or you could use dvd decrypter to burn with, you can set it before you start the burning prosess at 4X