1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about changing system ID

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by larry55, Mar 9, 2007.

1. larry55

larry55 Member

Ok, I've been wanting to get an old style Japanese PS2 because I'd like to get a HDD with it, but they've become extremely hard to find. The only such system I've been able to find is a Ver1 SCPH 10000 NTSC-J which apparently doesn't feature regular HDD support, but instead features a port in the back for the uber rare official external PS2 HDD.

Anyways, getting to my point, what I wanted to do is buy an old style US PS2, Mod it, and change the system ID. I was surprised to see that there doesn't seem any tutorials on how to change the system ID. So basically what I want to know is:
    - What PS2 Model number do you suggest?
    - What mod chip do you suggest?
    - Where can I get help on how to change my systems ID number?

2. steimy

steimy Active member

not sure why you need to change the system ID or how.

as for the other questions.
    V7 is what i would get.
    Crystal Chip V2.0 you can get software to run a hard drive, and it can auto patch backups for online play

DMS4 Pro SE has built in hard drive support in the flash (ToxicOS V0.41) and a built in cheat system.

http://www.teammodders.com/premodded/
    and you can get a premodded V7 right there. You would just have to do the hard drive yourself which is a breeze. I would ask if it has the network adapter with it as you will need that. Only other place i have seen the older fat models is Ebay, and you never know what your getting there.

3. NHS2008

NHS2008 Regular member

I Don't Know If It's LEGAL
    but these apps will allow you to do that

Machine ID changer

It's in bin cue FORMAT so burn it using Nero(or other similar utility)

4. larry55

larry55 Member

I haven't downloaded the app yet, but do I just put the disc with the app on it in the PS2 and will I just be able to figure it out from there? The reason why I want to change the system's id is because I want to play Biohazard Outbreak 1&2 online with an HDD. Old style Japanese PS2's with expansion bays are really hard to find so I just want to get and old US system, that way I can just change it's id so that I can play Japanese PS2 games online. If there's any other way I can do this (maybe by modifying the contents on the disc itself?) please tell me.

5. NHS2008

NHS2008 Regular member

One you put in the disc.
    It shows a splash screen and your current System ID
    then you change it from there to whatever you want(a valid ID probably) BIOHAZARD.........ARE YOU FROM JAPAN?