1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about compatibility

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by mwhym, Apr 4, 2005.

1. mwhym

mwhym Member

Hello,

If anyone could help with this question I would greatly appreciate it.

Would a region 0 (regionless) PAL DVD play in the USA ? I mean under normal (most common) setups - not for someone who has specifically bought a multisystem DVD player - TV setup.

Thanks alot
    Larry

2. Webuser

Webuser Member

You can play any type of disc in the USA, its the dvd players which denotes what can play and what cant. If you have a region free dvd player then yes any disc should play.
    If you are saying does a region free disc play in a region 1 player(USA) I think its a case of suck it and see. You can never really 100% say.
    I have a Rotel DVD player among others, which clearly states that it will not play dvd+/-r discs, but if I use Ritek dvd-r they play fine? If I use a different brand it wont play? It also clearly states on the box that it is a region 2 player, although it plays region 1 too.

3. Webuser

Webuser Member

Just read this
    jesst7
    2. March 2005 @ 20:51
    While I was in Europe I was able to play a region free ntsc dvd. It seems that many of their dvd players are compatible with both ntsc and pal. Are there any available here? When I tried playing a region free pal dvd here in the US it will not play.

4. mwhym

mwhym Member

Thanks alot for the answer :) much appreciated.