1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about connecting your ps2 to your PC.

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Soufboy, Apr 2, 2005.

1. Soufboy

Soufboy Member

I have heard about a sharkport(X-port) in which you can connect your ps2 to your computer and send mp3s, videos, emulators, and other stuff to your ps2 over a USB cord. I'm finna buy a HD Loader Advance and a Seagate 160GB harddrive to put into my ps2 to copy games and I wanted to know could anybody tell me about how to hook the ps2 up to the pc and where I can get sharkport(X-port). I can't find it around here. Any help would be appreciated.

2. I_Am_High

I_Am_High Member

Save your money and don't bother with the sharkport. If your buying the retail disc of hd advance you'll be able to do the mc exploit. With that in place you can load any homebrew app you want on the ps2, including various media players and emulators.

3. Soufboy

Soufboy Member

I'm kind of new to the modding scene. Is there any way you can explain to me how to do the mc exploit put different emulators and video onto the hard drive. I already have a flip top case. I noticed that some people say certain games like God of War don't work with the HD Advance unless you run a memory card exploit. First I wanted to know how can I run an exploit onto the ps2 or memory card. If you could help me I would appreciate it.

4. I_Am_High

I_Am_High Member

You can learn all about the mc exploit at this link. Dv8's tutorial for the total noob is the best one i've ever seen. Why don't you read through that carefully. I don't know anything about God of War, but it probably needs to be "patched" before it's put to the hdd. I haven't patched a game yet but from what i've seen it's pretty simple. I'll look into it when I get some time. Let me know if you have any questions on this.
    http://ps2hd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88

5. superstui

superstui Regular member

i am high,
    i have a hard drive,hd loader, network adaptor, good computer,emulatos, games, mem cards... with just those things will I be able to put emulators on my pd2 hd WITHOUT a mod or swap by transfering from my computer?

6. Soufboy

Soufboy Member

I am high: if I download the hdloader elf from exploitstation.com do I need to buy HD Advance, or can I run HD Loader from the elf, or better yet, what the hell does that elf do if it can't be used as the hdloader program. If so, how can I do this.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2005
  7. I_Am_High

I_Am_High Member

Again... read the tutorial. It clearly states that you must have at least one of the following: a mod chip, retail hd loader cd, retial hd advance cd, Codebreaker, AR Max, N Port, Xploder, or Sharkport. As long as you have one of these things you can make the exploit.

8. Soufboy

Soufboy Member

Ok, I see now, I think I'm gonna use codebreaker, I just bought version 8.1 last night. And I'm gonna go get my ps1 cd in a couple of days. With Savebuilder 0.8 I opened the cheat files folder and added the patched version of hd loader elf(I think it was called toxic). So now all I have to do is create a title.db and add it to the list with savbuilder. Then load all the files on my memory card using codebreaker and my pendrive. Then load the ps1 cd that I got the title.db from. Then that should start up the keylauncher program from which I can activate hd loader and the other programs that I have but on the file. Then I just take out the ps1 disc and insert the disc I want to copy to hdd. then select convert. Am I right so far? Also, can I format the hdd with the elf file(toxic) that I added to the cheat files folder?

9. superstui

superstui Regular member

I am High,

was that answer for me?

10. Steven987

Steven987 Member

i heard you can do this via a USB cable manually
    Can you connect the two via usb? like to make the pc share the internet with the ps2??

Steven

11. superstui

superstui Regular member