1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

question about de multimedia capability of xbox360

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Kintoke, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Kintoke

Kintoke Member

I'm thinking of buying an xbox 360, but not just for playing, instead is for watching some multimedia content from my pc o laptop. I'm tired of connecting all the times that I want to see a movie, my laptop to my lcd tv. It seems that the xbox360 can connect to my pc and from then reproduce the movie. Its that true? also, there is a remote control... can I use it to put pause, play, etc from the video that I'm playing from my pc? because, stand up every time to put pause in my laptop is a pain in the ass (sorry).

thanks a lot guys

2. xHaydenx

xHaydenx Regular member

You could buy an old Xbox instead and get a mod chip put in it.

That way, you can FTP movies, music, pictures, etc. to the HD of the Xbox and then, using a program like Xbox Media Center, watch them all on the TV.

3. Kintoke

Kintoke Member

thanks for the feedback, but I allready decide to buy an xbox360. My question is about the remote control. Can I play, pause, etc a movie that is playing through my pc?

4. Kintoke

Kintoke Member

anyone please?

5. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member

Yes you can, but you can just use the 360 control that comes with the 360.You can only stream WMV videos on WMP11 if you want to use different formats use another program I forgot what it was called

6. Kintoke

Kintoke Member

thanks!
    The program that let you play other format through your pc is Tversity. Even if I use that program to stream dvix movies, can I use the xbox 360 remote control to put play or pause with it?
    :)

7. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member

Oh yeah thats right,I had it downloaded but stoped using it.Yes you can use the remote to stop,play,etc.