1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about disassembling the wii

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by jmatty1, Apr 25, 2007.

1. jmatty1

jmatty1 Member

Does anyone know what type of Phillips head screwdriver is needed to remove the batter cover? I have a precision set and they seem too big. Anyone have a size?

Thanks in advance!!!

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Make sure your precision screwdriver are working properly.

I had a small one that I used and couldn't get the screw to come out on the battery cover. I then noticed the shaft if the Phillips head was spinning inside the silver grip handle.

I pulled the shaft out and used a pair of vice grips to clamp onto it then used that to unscrew the battery cover.

It was a pretty small precision Phillips but it was just in a basic kit that i had bought at Walmart. So just make sure the shaft is not spinning inside the handle.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2007
  3. jmatty1

jmatty1 Member

can you tell what is the number is?

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I duno what size it is but this is a picture of it. Plus I resized it to be the actual size when looking at it.

[​IMG]

5. ghostboy6

ghostboy6 Regular member

you cant use any screw driver for disassembling the wii. dont you like need the triwing screwdriver??

6. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Some are Phillips and some are Triwing they miss match. But yes you will need a Triwing screwdriver to get the Triwing screws out. I have heard some using a small flathead for the Triwing but it can strip the screws. So its best to buy the Triwing driver which are not that hard to find.

I would say it is close to half and half on Nintendo ussing Phillips screws and Triwing Screws.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2007