1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

question about DNAS

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by RaineyWM, May 1, 2005.

1. RaineyWM

RaineyWM Member

If I wanted to back up a PS2 game with online capabilites, but ripping from my friend's game instead of mine because it broke, is it possible I could take the DNAS off another online enabled game and use it on it instead??

2. Wagz

Wagz Regular member

You can take the DNAS off any original game and use that id to patch all you're online games.

3. RaineyWM

RaineyWM Member

Cool, thanks Wagz. Very helpful info. :)

4. RaineyWM

RaineyWM Member

Oh, one more question, sorry :) Is it possible to add a DNAS to patch a backed up game instead of an original game? For example, use an original DNAS I got from Star Wars Battlefront and use it to patch a burnt, not original, Killzone? So, in result, I would be backing up a backup that has no DNAS, so that I can add DNAS to the 2nd backup?

i.e.-->
    1. (Battlefront)-->take DNAS from it's original disk

2. (DNAS from Battlefront)--> apply to: DVD+R backup [w/o DNAS] of Killzone

3. to make= a 2nd DVD+R backup [w/ DNAS from original Battlefront] of Killzone???

5. Wagz

Wagz Regular member

Yeah you can do that.

6. Truzzone

Truzzone Member

COOL! thank you this helps me a lot!

7. cuteperv

cuteperv Regular member

But then i dont think you can go online with that DNAS. So if PS2 is hosting Killzone and you're telling them you have a legit DNAS of starwar battle front, they wont let you in the server. It juts does not make any sense at all.

8. Wagz

Wagz Regular member

Ya, you can. The DNAS only checks that it's a valid DNAS number, it never checks for what game it's for, so even though the DNAS is for SWBF you can still use it to go online with Killzone.

9. RaineyWM

RaineyWM Member

Cool man, thanks again!

10. FreeGamer

FreeGamer Guest

I thought if you took DNAS from other games your PS2 gets banned from all online games...That's what I heard...Cuz I borrowed a couple from a friend and wanted to play them online but heard if we were both using the same DNAS my PS2 would be shut down off all online games...

11. cuteperv

cuteperv Regular member

So you're saying I paid $50 for a ps2 game. ANd somehow you stole the DNAS from my game and patch it into yours. And when you n I get online, you and I get banned? That's the most ridiculous thing i've heard, lol.

12. Wagz

Wagz Regular member

If two people go online with the same DNAS number then there is a chance you will both get banned. That's why you shouldn't share you're DNAS number. But each original copy of a game has a different DNAS number and any DNAS number will get you online, so just get the DNAS number off a game that you own and patch any backed up games with that number.

Also you should note that it's fairly rare that people get banned and that these aren't permanent bans since if sony were to do that they would be losing business since you would no longer want to buy online games.

13. cuteperv

cuteperv Regular member

I think these DNAS are created by some kind of arithmetic equation and of course there are programmers who already discover this. So you can, theory, regenerate these numbers. Of course Sony record every single DNAS on every discs they own. However, the illegal 1 i think will b the one created by our programers. ANd since these recreated DNAS r not made by Sony, they're not record in Sony's database. Now when u get online, of course u will be able to get in. It's jsut the matter of time when Sony will find out your number, even though legit, is not created by them. Then bam, ur banned.

14. Wagz

Wagz Regular member

These DNAS aren't regenerated numbers created by progreamers, they're taken directly off disks that you own, that way they are made by sony (not for the game that they intended), and that way they are on sony's list.

15. cuteperv

cuteperv Regular member

How do you think Sony make up all the DNAS? r they crazy write down a list of numbers? Or should they just generate them by computers?

16. Wagz

Wagz Regular member

Obviously Sony uses a program to make thes numbers, but what I'm saying is that the DNAS numbers that people use to play they're backups online aren't reversed engineered or "regenerated" as you said in you're earlier post by independant programmers. There's no reason to do that when you can just take these numbers off any original disk and use that number to get online with any game.

17. Salij

Salij Member

How do you find the DNAS number of your game?

18. cuteperv

cuteperv Regular member

use DiscID Utility to do that.

19. Salij

Salij Member

Ya I downloaded it and was reading about it but i dont understand somthing. Do I put in the ID Dic Utility and once it loads i put in the origional game? What process do i follow. Thanks fo rthe help.

20. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

yes