1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about dvd decrypter

Discussion in 'PS2' started by buddhaz, Nov 3, 2003.

1. buddhaz

buddhaz Guest

I got a question for those who use dvd decrypter.When you backup your games,do you have the burn proof option check??What does burn proof means?

2. Xian

Xian Regular member

Yes, enable burn proof if your drive supports it, and most drives have for the past few years.
    One of the biggest causes of failed burns was buffer underruns. Your computer copies data to a buffer on your cdr drive and it is written from there. If the buffer was ever emptied before the burn was finished you had a coaster. This was caused by your computer not sending data fast enough to the buffer. It could be because of other programs running, lots of small files, or a variety of other reasons. Burn proof came along and lets you automatically resume sessions even if the buffer is emptied during a burn, eliminating most buffer underrun errors.
    My first CDR used to get a lot of underruns. I was running it under Windows 3.1 in 1994 and even a screen saver kicking in would cause an underrun.

3. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

Great explanation Xian, I couldn't have said it any better!