1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about DVD Flick program project

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by Blurry_1, Feb 7, 2015.

1. Blurry_1

Blurry_1 Newbie

Hello,

I am new to DVD Flick but was able to make a DVD that opened and played fine.

I have a folder on the desktop where I saved the encoded files to make a duplicate DVD of the one I just made, in fact I need to make 10 more. That folder has a sub folder where the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS are saved that folder is about 1GB in sze.

DVD Flick asks me to " Save the project" and I did that too as a .dfproj file ( only about 70KB )

How do I make another DVD from the files already encoded without having to start all over again. If I choose"Make DVD" I get a dire warning that my files will be erased do I want to continue? No I don't! lol

How do I use the files in the folder that has the sub folder of "DVD" contained in it? The program also says " you didn't save your files....... yes I did! Grrrr!!!

At the end of the burn, I didn't see an option to "burn again" like I'd see in Nero.

I don't want to have to sit through 15 min of re-encoding to make all the DVD's I need from this project.

Can someone advise me what I am doing wrong please?

Thank you!

2. attar

attar Senior member

The sub folder you want is named 'VIDEO_TS'.
    It contains the authored dvd files that are required to burn to disk.
    If I recall, when you installed DVD Flick it included the burning program 'ImgBurn'
    Do a search for it and run the program file 'ImgBurn.exe'.
    From the ImgBurn start screen, click 'Burn files/folders to disc'.
    On the next screen. open or drag the 'VIDEO_TS' folder onto the window, insert a blank and burn it.

3. Blurry_1

Blurry_1 Newbie

Hi attar!
    Wow that was fast! :D

Let me see what I can do, yes I saw Imgburn open when it was deleting files from an /RW I was using so I know it's there.

I will try it soon............ when my WIFE let's me alone!!!!!!! <sighs>

Thank you very much.

BTW I got the info about the DVD Flick program from a link on this forum so thanks to all of you it's a great little program.

I'll post back if I have trouble doing it.

Cheers!

4. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

when using dvd flick in project settings you should see an option create ISO image, if you hit Burn project to disc un tick Delete Iso image after burning. Once the encoding is done it will leave a file called iso on your pc ( mine is stored in documents in a folder called dvd) it will look like a disc, its basically an image of your movie.using imgburn or any dvd burning program you can just burn the iso file straight to dvd as many times as you want. dvdflick.

5. Blurry_1

Blurry_1 Newbie

Thanks to everyone! I was able to do just as you suggested and made the copies I needed to make for a friend.

Regards!