1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about dvd media brands for ps2 backup

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by andronicu, Sep 24, 2004.

1. andronicu

andronicu Member

I bought a bunch of dvd+rs today cause they were on sale at a really good price. I got home and made some backups and I noticed they are loading much faster than the dvd-r brand I was using before. The burns just seem to be better, more consistent. I haven't had any pausing in the video or skipping in the audio, the ps2 seems to read it as fast as it reads my originals. The dvd+rs I'm using are ricohjps and the dvd-rs I was using were ritek g04s. I noticed something strange though, when I look at the bottom of the discs I notice spots. On the +rs there are lots of small dots that look almost the same dark blue as the area of the disc that is not written to. On the -rs there are bigger kind of ovular shaped spots that are also a darker color than the rest of the writen area but are also much lighter than the spots on the +rs. So far, at least since the +r backups have worked perfect I don't see what effect these spots have on the discs. Does anyone know what causes these spots? What they do (do they screw up the disc?)? How to stop my dvd burner from producing them on the discs?

2. leeborn

leeborn Regular member

spots on your disks, thats weird. where did you get these ricohjps dvds and how much?