1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about DVD+RW DL and DVD Shrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by jkmdg, Jan 23, 2005.

1. jkmdg

jkmdg Member

I just recently bought a Sony DRU-710A burner and recently downloaded DVD Shrink. My old burner was a dinosaur so I am kinda new to all the burning features. I have been looking at some of the online guides on how to use DVD Shrink and they have been very helpful. I do though have a question though about the new Dual Layer DVD and DVD Shrink. Theoretically, if I set all the compression settings at 100% for the main movie, menu, extras, etc. and it says on the green/red bar that it is 7300 MB and I encode that, can that be just burned onto a DVD+RW DL or am I missing something?? Thanks a bunch!

2. OU812Ono

OU812Ono Regular member

The main purpose for Dvd Shrink is for copying Dvd-9 movies <up to 8.5 Gb's> to Dvd-5 <up to 4.38>. Since most movies are Dvd-9 people use it to shrink the video down to fit on a single Dvd-5. Currently DL<dvd-9> disc's are upwards of a few dollars a peice, where as Dvd-5's are around .33-.48 cents most choose to backup movies on the cheaper disc's.

If you wanted to do a 1 to 1 copy with DL disc's you would be better off using Dvd Decryptor. Which is also free in the downloads section. Many guides are available on how to use it.

If you needed to save all the info from a dvd-9 disc you could also use Shrink to make 2 dvd-5's. Which is still cheaper than using 1 Dvd-9.