1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

question about dvd shrink/nero burned dvds to work on dvd player

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by marilyn6, Jan 5, 2005.

1. marilyn6

marilyn6 Member

hello and thanks for reading this,
    i have dvd shrink i use for all my dvds that i shrink and i use nero to burn them, but i cant get them to work on my dvd player.
    Im not sure what the problem may be, is it my dvd player? its about 3 years old and im not sure if a new dvd player is needed or a certain brand.
    Please help me out,
    thanks to whoever does and i appreciate it

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

What DVD Home player do you have? and what DVD media do you burn to? DVD+R or DVD-R. You should bebale to look up your modle of your DVD home player and look at the specs to see if it plays that type of media.

3. marilyn6

marilyn6 Member

my player is a dvd/compact disc plater and the brand is memorex made in 2002 and it play mp3. i was looking at buying a new dvd player, what should i look at when i buy it and what dvds work? would it say if it plays dvd-r or dvd+r? cause i need a new dvd player i just dont know what to look for. and thanks for replying to the last message

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

It depends on what your DVD burrner usses what media type. When you buy a home DVD Player it uasly will say on the box if they play DVD-R and DVD+R. If you have a local wal-mart or Best buy store you can get them pretty cheap there, you can go online at those stores and look at the specs of each of the DVD players and it will say if it plays DVD+R or DVD-R or both.

5. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

You can't always go by what the specs list on dvd players. There are a few things you can try before replacing it.

1) high quality media,no cheap crap like memorex,store name brand, and generic brands. Maxell,tdk,and fuji are ok if bought in a store. Ritek ,verbatim,and ty's if buying on the net.

2) slow down that burn speed as slow as you can go.

3)clean the laser lens in that player.Some prefer cleaning discs and some prefer compressed air.

4) could be the program, Main thing is those backups should be playable and pretty good picture and sound on the pc.The drive that burned it,should play it. Stand alones have a harder time reading dvdr's.

Rule of thumb,older stand alones like - format,newer ones + format.
    Try slowing down the burn and try a small pack of maxell's.

Without knowing your burner specs,burn speed and media you are using,switching media usually fixes it.

Good luck

6. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Try testing the Burnt DVDs on a friends our relatives DVD player if they have a nwer DVD player. See if they work on thier model. I have 2 new DVD players and 2 old players the old players are a few years old. The copied DVDs play on my new DVD players but not my old ones. So try somone elses DVD player. Rather then buying diffrent media disc. If they play on newer DVD players more then likly thats your problem.

7. marilyn6

marilyn6 Member

thank you all so much for your help
    i gotta go to bed adios