1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

question about dvd shrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by skafes, Feb 11, 2004.

1. skafes

skafes Member

I read the guide and the posts here and downloaded shrink. Can I burn directly to a dvd-r using shrink or do I need to run another progrom such as nero to do the actual burn. I would love to use 1 program for all my needs with no problems

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

You need a burning program like Nero. However with the new version of DVDshrink it has an auto burn feature that will use Nero automatically if selected. You won't have to start Nero to burn, Shrink will do it for you.
    jerry

3. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

skafes,

If you want 1 program to do it all with just 1 mouse click there is DVD XCopy Xpress. We've all (or almost all of us)tried it -

Pete

Hi Ya, Jerry :))

4. daya

daya Member

dvd shrink` i have no problems at all with`~ writes to hard drive`~ with all the info`~ i want to keep`~ or just keep it the way the dvd is`~ and burn` it using dvd srink`^ may take up to an hour to burn a movie` with it but well worth it` if the dvd is over 7.94 gigs in size and saves ove the $29.00 or more for dvd movie to buy lol` i use`~ nero6 for my ps2 games`~

5. parbodhk

parbodhk Member

Today, I had my 1st burn using shrink. It plays just fine on my computer using win-dvd, however, disk simply does not work on my Toshiba dvd player. disc icon on tv shows a cross and sign starts blinking "check disk".
    I am using memorex dvd-r 4x media with roxio ecdc6 drag to disc on matshita dvd-r burner.
    machhine specs are gateway 700 series win xp, 120 gb hd, 1gb ram.
    shrink analysis shows movie has been perfectly burnt.
    is it media or is is it roxio? help

6. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Roxio isn't one of the best programs to use for burning backups. Some get it to work OK, most have trouble with it and switch to Nero or Recordnow software.

Hi Pete, sorry I fell through the cracks on some of the other threads. Our area ISP went down for 2 days. Just got it back tonight.
    Jerry

7. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

I read somewhere!!!That DVD Shrink & DVD Shrink Beta were two dirrerent programs.
    I downloaded DVD Shrink 3.14 which was supposed to be the last Cause Nero pays better then free.Now I get notices that it has been Updated to 3.15.But I get Directed to DVD Shrink Beta.Not just plain DVD Shrink,So is Beta the same or what

WHATs UP?

8. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

skafes,

How are you making out ?

If you are staying with DVDShrink, that will take 4 mouse clicks - very simple but still you’ll need a total of 3 programs, more than the single program you requested -

You’ll need DVD Decrypter, a freebee, to rip those very few programs that Shrink has trouble with - find DVD Decrypter at the top of this page -

You’ll also need Nero to burn with. Nero, because it partners with Shrink automatically - here in a link for Nero -
    A 30 day, free, fully functional Nero 6 download can be had here:
    http://www.nero.com/us/631939541422774.php

Pete

Parbodhk,

Check the compatibility of your Toshiba with the DVD’s you used for your backup -
    http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdplayers.php

Pete

Rick5446,

A number change is an improvement that has been tested and should work well.

A beta is generally an improved addition that hasn’t been really “road tested” and has a good chance of bugs, which will, corrected as soon as they are found -

In my humble opinion, I haven’t had any serious problems with any beta version of Shrink BUT, it is my practice to keep 2 or 3 different versions of those programs that seem to change frequently, i.e. DVD Xcopy Xpress, Shrink, Nero, WinAmp and so on -

Pete

And Guys, Welcome to the Neighborhood :))

(see ya later, Jerry )

9. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

Thanks Guys!!!Help me out again Will Ya? I've got all the upgrades Nero 6.3.0.3,When I burn at 4X on 2 DVD Burners at the same time,about every 8th or 9th time.It will burn about 80% to 90% and then show error,to reject,this ruins both Discs,is their any way in Nero to just discard the bad disk and keep on burning the other one.If in fact it was a faulty Disc
    When I burn at 2X no problem ever

Useing Ritek A04 1x2x4x from Rima

10. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

Rick5446.
    The slower the burn the less chance of a screw up.. As you said when (Paraphrase)"I burn @ 2x no coasters". I'm personally not looking for speed on burning; I'm looking for quality. My burner will burn @ 4x but I only burn @ 2x. Hope this helps.

11. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

I reckon, Nobody has answered my question YET is their a way to keep on burning the good Disc & just reject the bad one in Nero instead of losing both of them

12. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

rick5446,

car.mike has made the point - you want speed or double drives, don't bitch when you lose discs -

Legally, a single backup for your original is acceptable. There is no argument for several backups of the same DVD.

So, if you burned a single backup you wouldn't have trouble, Nero is like a greedy whore at best and wants 100% of your PC's resources available for burning a single disc, when you burn with 2 drives there are times when there isn't enough to go around and both drives go down. It's a matter of timing. Sometimes one drive will want 80% of your resources and the other will only need 20% to continue working - when they both need an 80% then neither one will survive - staying within the legal boundaries is a good thing :)) Ya see, a lesson learned -

Pete