1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about DVD Shrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Boozers, Jan 3, 2005.

1. Boozers

Boozers Guest

Ok Im trying to burn a 3 hour movie to a VCD with Nero but of coarse Im only getting an hour as its too big, I heard DVD Shrink compresses it so u can get a 3 hour movie on a VCD but I havent figured it out on how to do it can someone please help me or is there some tutorial?

Thanks

2. Boozers

Boozers Guest

any help with this?

3. bardie

bardie Regular member

So you are trying to put a 3 hour movie onto a cd, is that correct??
    Even though you have used Shrink to compress it I think it is still too big to fit onto a CD.
    Perhaps you could invest in a DVD Burner and then pop in in a DVD disc, it would fit then if you use Shrink in re-author mode to to copy the main title.

4. Boozers

Boozers Guest

I do have a DVD Burner LOL so I would use reauthor mode to put to fit it on DVD Shrink? The problem is it comes with 4 clips is there a program where I can combine the clips in one big one? it would be easier to use DVD Shrink that way I would assume

Thanks for the reply

5. Boozers

Boozers Guest

After looking at dvd shrink do I have to make an .iso file as it seems u can only open these files is that correct?

6. bardie

bardie Regular member

I'm not sure I'm following you, so you have the main title plus 4 other clips you wish to combine with it, and I assume this makes it 3 hours,yes??
    If that is the case I'm not sure that it would fit onto a 4.7GB disc, as Shrink can only compress so much, and if it could the quality probably would be terrible.
    I'm sorry that I can't offer any more, but perhaps there are some members here that can help you better than I can.

7. Boozers

Boozers Guest

no its just 3 hours long but 4 seperate clips that totals 3 hours and I want to combine to one 3 hour clip how do I use dvd shrink to combine them or burn with the iso image?

8. Boozers

Boozers Guest

I combined the clips but I have no idea how to shrink the file now seems like u can open an .iso iamge only how do I use DVD shrink to compress the file please help?