1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

question about dvd to vhs

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by scalper66, Feb 25, 2005.

1. scalper66

scalper66 Member

hey everyone just wondering about something i have a zenith dvd/vcr combo built into it is a copy button whitch in "theory" is supposed to to copy the dvd to a black vhs everytime i have tried to make a copy of a dvd movie orinally OR back up copy i ran threw decypter it still says LOCKed on the screen in the manual it says it cannot copy protected movies and lock will show up if it is. shouldnt dvd decrypter remove all the copy prtection that it can pick UP? and how would i remove it all? thnx for any feedback

2. spacedust

spacedust Regular member

Your probally not going to research it. There are only a few dvd/vcr combo unit that will copy back and forth. The lock is built into you combo unit.

Good Luck

Spacedust

3. Furd

Furd Member

Copy protection to VHS is handled by Macrovision. Most combos implement CGMS/A on the analog output which blocks copying from any VCR that recognizes it. You can often use an older, separate VCR to copy from your combo.

If you get light/dark pictures and tearing at the top of the picture on the VHS tape, you can get a converter that will remove that. Some of them also remove the CGMS/A bits. Search on "copy guard remover" to find some.

Good luck

ff

4. Furd

Furd Member

Also, in Decrypter, make sure the check box "remove Macrovision protection" is ticked under Settings/general when you make your DVD backup. This will only work if you do your copying with Decrypter, not if you use it only as a burn engine.

ff