1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about DVDshrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by dkland, Jan 16, 2004.

1. dkland

dkland Member

I need some help or advice about DVDshrink. I want to make a DVD from captured VHS video in MPEG2 format that plays fine in Windows Movie Maker, Pinnacle, MGI, and Windows Movie player. Two hours represents about 6 gigs of file in MPEG2 format from my NVidia capture/video card and I want to shrink it down to about 4 gigs to put on one DVD. The open file in DVDShrink will not import a MPG2 file (or a least I do not know how to import this type of file). Do I need another program to change the file? What program? What type of file will import into DVDShrink? Where do I put it? What else is needed? I can import my mpg2 file into 321 XMaker just fine if it is less than 80 minutes in length, but nothing larger. My ultimate goal is to get a two hour VHS tape onto one DVD with minimal loss of quality. What suggestions do you have to accomplish this? Thanks for any help or suggestions.

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

dont have answers to your other questions, but dvd shrink only works for dvd video.