1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about FTPing stuff to HDLoader

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Yamurru, Nov 12, 2007.

1. Yamurru

Yamurru Guest

Hey guys....I recently got HDLoader 3.8C a little while ago and I am having problems trying to FTP stuff to my HDD.

I have the game "Contra Shattered Soldier" and since HDLoader can't back it up the usual way, I want to FTP the game to my HDD.

When this version of HDLoader launches it has the menu:

O: HDLoader
    X: ExecFTPs
    []: HDLService
    Select: Config

When I select X for ExecFTPS it gives the message at the top of the screen: FTP Server initializing (ExecFTPS v0.69 by SlicStick)

And at the bottom of the screen it says: FTP Server initialized on port 21!

I am still unable to get a FTP connection going though. I can't figure out how to change the Playstation 2's ip address.

I was able to FTP to my Xbox so I have a grasp of how to do it, but I cannot figure out how to do it for the PS2.

Any suggestions or help will be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2007
  2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum

3. Yamurru

Yamurru Guest

Thanks for moving the thread...I wasn't sure where it should go!

4. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

the best way to load games are through the computer directly. i haven't tried ftp'ing, but most people said that it takes the same time as saving from the ps2.

dvd decrypter and winhiip are the programs to use when the hdd is connected to the computer. rip all the games with dvd decrypter first, then load all of them with winhiip. by the time your game is done ftp'ing, you'll already have at least 7-8 games on the hdd with winhiip.

5. Yamurru

Yamurru Guest

Since I already have a bunch of games on my HDD (using HDLoader) would have to reformat the HDD to use winhiip?

Or do you format the drive with HDLoader first then hook it up to the PC?

Thank You!

6. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

winhiip will not format the hdd since it's already formatted for ps2 use. just connect it to the computer, and run winhiip. you should see the drive in the pulldown drives list.

if you have a hdd bigger than 127gigs, you can use winhiip to enable 48bit LBA, if you haven't already.

7. Yamurru

Yamurru Guest

What ripper program would you suggest for CD-Rom (or blue bottom) games? DVD Decrypter won't work for those :(

I can rip a blue bottom game with Alcohol 120 but I can only get either a .CCD or a .MDS file.

8. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

try imgburn or nero. can't be sure if either will work because all my games are dvd based.

9. Yamurru

Yamurru Guest

cee43ja1...you were right man! winhiip is the way to go :) It works for the blue bottomed CD ROM based games as easily as the DVD based games!

And the speeds are so much better than using the Playstation to back-up the disc. It was taking about 35-40 mins before to bak-up a 4.5 GB game, and now using winhiip, it takes about 10-12 mins for the same size game!

Thanks again for the cure to my problem *Thumbs way up*.