1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about gameshark

Discussion in 'PS2' started by aj174, Feb 7, 2007.

1. aj174

aj174 Regular member

When I enter a code in gameshark for a certain game, how would I boot it if it were a backup? Would I have to do the swap method? Would the code still work? Can I do it by inserting my ps1 trigger disc to load hdloader in order to boot the game from there? Yeah sorry if this confuses anyone.

2. NHS2008

NHS2008 Regular member

Either will work AS LONG AS you don't RESET or TURN OFF your PS2 the codes will stay ACTIVE.

3. steimy

steimy Active member

there are certain methods you have to use and i am sure it would vary depending on the model you have (slim or fat)
    I see this question asked all the time but i have yet to see an answer that works for everyone.
    Using Swap Magic with cheat discs is just a pain, if you get it working at all.

you can try this if you have a fat PS2, may also work with Gameshark.

Using AR Max To Load Back Up Games With Codes

you will need Swap Magic
    DVDLoader (can get it here) http://members.cox.net/candrid2/index.html
    you burn the DVDLoader to a DVD
    and your AR Max disc of course
    Note: if you are loading a CD game or have an older V4 or below PS2 you may need to use CDLoader instead of DVDLoader, and you may need to use the CD version of Swap Magic and not the DVD version.

1. Put in your AR Max disc and when it loads up choose expert mode. Go down the list and choose your game and start with codes as you normally would.

2. When the AR Max asks for the disc PRESS EJECT and put in your Swap Magic DVD

3. When the Swap Magic asks for a disc SWAP using your slidecard or fliptop for the DVDLoader disc

4. When DVDLoader tells you to swap using EA method you PRESS EJECT and put your Swap Magic DVD back in

5. When Swap Magic asks for a disc SWAP using your slidecard or fliptop.

This should load your back up games with the cheat codes, enjoy

Last edited: Feb 8, 2007
  4. aj174

aj174 Regular member

Thanks for the help!!

5. aj174

aj174 Regular member

I tried the boot method with swap magic. My gameshark v4 is a backup as well.

So I inputted the correct codes and activated game. I went to select game, and i put in the swap magic dvd. I swap with my backup, but I get the error where it says insert a format disc?? Also, the dvdloader link there is dead, do you know anywhere else i can get it?

6. steimy

steimy Active member

7. aj174

aj174 Regular member

Thanks, I burned it and it works. I've figured the problem, but can't find a way to fix it. You see, whenever I activate a code, then I go to start game, put in my swap magic. Good from there. BUT, it won't load backups whenever I activate codes so dvd loader won't work either at that time. This is weird, Gameshark 2 v4.