1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

question about hdloader

Discussion in 'PS2' started by newbieman, Jan 23, 2005.

1. newbieman

newbieman Member

i got a copy of hdloader using bittorrent. it came in about 7 or 8 rar files, i extract them..no problem. what i end up with is a .cue file a .bin file and a .nfo file. the .cue file looks fine, the .bin file is about 220MB (is that the right size) and the .nfo file is a message from "ps2ownz". i've read a lot of the FAQ's about buring .bin files and i think i'm doing everything correctly, i've used alcohol 120% and nero 6, but i keep ending up with coasters (the red screen saying please insert a playstation 1 or playstation 2 formatted disk)
    what i would like to know is do i have to burn the files to a cd or a dvd? i'm using cd's. does it sound like i even have the right files (220MB). my ps2 is version 7/8. i dont know what other information i can give you, but if anyone can point me in the right direction as to what to do next i'd REALLY appreciate it.....this is my first post so if i've done something stupid please forgive me.....thanks everyone

2. broaddd

broaddd Member

If your PS2 is unmodded, you can only boot that disc by using the swap method: for example, see www.swapmagic3.com.