1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question About http://www.modchip.ca

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Gx-9900, Jan 16, 2003.

1. Gx-9900

Gx-9900 Member

Hey guys. I need two clip kits for v7s. Supleh offered them to me for $55.00. But since I can't seem to get ahold of him now i've considered a website. I found I can get 2 from modchip.ca for $56.22. Which is a great price as well. I just need to know if its a trustworthy company. Please post positive and negative experiences you all have had with them. Thanks!

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Well I haven't ordered from them but I have heard on tonnes of threads that they are well reliable. I don't think I heard anything negitive about them actually!

3. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

I have ordered chips and PSxChange from them with no problems. Some things are a bit pricey (like a PS2 w chip installed) but for the misc. stuff they are good and fast

4. jhnbnblzd

jhnbnblzd Guest

get the chip from supleh. i heard modchip.ca charges alot. if u need to get it touch with him call him. E-mail me i'll tell how to get in touch with him.jhnblckwood at aol. oh well

5. BNbad

BNbad Guest

Just ordered my mod chip from them for my ps2 and would you beleave the guy call me up and told me that it will ship today and I will get it tomorrow.
    I talked to him about installation and he told me a few tricks to make it easier.
    I wish everyone had customer service like this.
    P.S If it wasen't for this site I would not have known what to get or where to get it.
    I learn by reading and only post if I can't find an answer.
    I haven't had a question that wasen't answered here 3 or 4 times.
    Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2003
  6. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Like I said I haven't heard anything bad about them yet! ;-)

7. SomeGuy01

SomeGuy01 Guest

I ordered my Magic 3.1 and clips for my v7 from modchip.ca and everything went fine. The bios chip clip did not seem to "kick" (snap)to the chip like was mentioned on the site, but they include a foam pad to go on top it. When you put the metal shield back on the clip the foam holds it down.

8. Gx-9900

Gx-9900 Member

OK well thanks. I think I will get it from them. After shipping supleh is only 1.50 cheaper. So thats nothing. Just one question. Whats the "metal shield back" you mentioned

Last edited: Jan 17, 2003
  9. SomeGuy01

SomeGuy01 Guest

When you disassemble your v7, one of the last things you take off to get to the mainboard is a metal cover. Here the PDF file that shows how to do it...

http://www.modchip.ca/install/ps2/general/ps2apart.pdf

Looking at the picture for step 11, you can kinda see that the metal shield is pretty close to the mainboard which will help with the clip.

10. Gx-9900

Gx-9900 Member

11. MrFixit

MrFixit Member

Its probably too late but I ordered a Magic 3.1 from them on CHRISTMAS DAY and it came three days later. (from Canada to Cleveland, Ohio) I didnt get any phone call from them but that was only because their customer service was closed for the holidays. I would always recommend buying from companys as opposed to individuals. (some usually give warrentys with the chips)

12. Gx-9900

Gx-9900 Member

NM

Last edited: Jan 18, 2003