1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about ISO and HD Loader with Swap Magic

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by parabolee, Apr 7, 2005.

1. parabolee

parabolee Member

Ok so I have an ISO for Shining Tears, and I am going to be using Swap Magic 3.6

Do I just burn it to a DVD with DVD Decrypter?

Nothing special to do? I read somewhere about patching the ISO

Also

Would it be possible to take the burnt DVD and use it with HD Loader, to put the game on my Hard Drive and play it from there?

Thanks for any help

2. joe33333

joe33333 Guest

To use it with HDLoader or HDAdvance you need to take the HD out of your PS2, set the jumper as SLAVE. Download Win_Hiip or HDL_DUMP. Turn off your PC. Plug in the PS2 hard drive to the PC. (It won't show up in "My Computer") Open one of the two above programs and select your PS2 hard drive. Transfer the ISO using this, with some games you need to enable mode 1,2 or 3 or all of them. Check at PS2nfo or the hdloader website for official compatibility with modes. After that turn off the PC, disconnect the PS2 hard drive, set the jumpers back to MASTER and put it back in the ps2. Boot HDLoader/Advance and the game will be there. Before the above steps are done make sure that the Hard Drive is formatted using HDLoader/Advance. If there is already games on it then it is formatted.

Search around the forums if you are going to burn it to a DVD, if you can't find any special burning procedures then odds are you just need to burn it with DVD Decrypter.

3. parabolee

parabolee Member

Thanks