1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about Mac leopard?

Discussion in 'Mac - General discussion' started by JohnH666, Apr 1, 2007.

1. JohnH666

JohnH666 Guest

If I get a Macbook and I dont have leopard installed, will it ask me if i want to install the upgrade thingy when the time is right? Im pretty much a noob about macbooks. Please help. would be alot of help.

2. JohnH666

JohnH666 Guest

P.S. wheres the cheapest place to get a mac besides on the internet? is there anywhere??

3. trigga71

trigga71 Regular member

Yes, you should be able to upgrade to leopard form tiger

4. Guided

Guided Member

BestBuy seems to have sales on Mac's on and off, but I strongly advise you to buy from the Official Apple Store.

-Guided

5. JohnH666

JohnH666 Guest

Yeah my bestbuy is too small to carry macs. :/ so i already planed buying from apple.com. maybe a refurbished one..

6. tabletpc

tabletpc Guest

buy from apple do not purchase a referbished model though they will crash and fail do to cheap repair jobs

7. 27stories

27stories Member

Leopard isn't released yet, but yes, you should be able to upgrade when it is released. Some older machines might not support it (think pre-2001) but everything past that should be able to, especially a brand new Macbook.

Looks to be a really awesome OS but I have heard (as expected) there are lots of bugs in the beta version that they're fixing before the official release.

8. tabletpc

tabletpc Guest

mac os x leopard system requirements

g4/g5/intel based processor

1 gig of ram

15 gig's free hard drive space

for the g4 installation you need a 800 mhz g4 or faster no earlier models are supported g3/gray tower/blue and white tower.

9. Speedy16

Speedy16 Member

Dunno if I am to late. Hopefully not;). But get someone who is a student, and use their student ID to order the comp. Then you can save 200ish on macbook. (not sure of percentage, but I saved 200 ish on the black mac book 2000$ bill)

10. intrepix

intrepix Member

The cheapest place to get any Mac computer is from Mac's Refurbished website which you should be able to find on Mac's website. These refurbished computers are generally 200 to 300 dollars cheaper and come directly from Apple so you will have some assurance of what you are buying and what you are getting, shipping is free. If you are a student enrolled somewhere, you will be able to apply for a student price but I'm not sure if it would apply to refurbished units or not. Check their website out and decide which way you want to go. The next place I'd check out is eComElectronics.com as they have the lowest prices I've seen from a retailer.

11. KillaRob

KillaRob Member

@tabletpc actually you are very mistaken.. thats not always the answer My first macbook Pro was refurbished and it was perfect and then when the new ones came out I sold it and bought the new one..
    Best place to get a cheap one though honestly in the us is Craigslist.com check that out in your local area youd be amazed at what you can find.