1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about Memorex 4x DVD-R

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by oumassara, Feb 11, 2004.

1. oumassara

oumassara Member

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...19106-7538463?v=glance&s=electronics&n=541966

seems like a pretty good deal... I watch my movies on a PS2, does anyone have any previous experience w/ this media on a PS2, or even otherwise? thanks.

I've been using TDK 2x DVD-R's and haven't had problems, but it's becoming hard to find good deals for them online. If anyone knows of anywhere to get a fair price on those that would be great too.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2004
  2. Palmyra

Palmyra Member

FYI – the $1.00 a disk sale price for “Name Brand” 4X DVD is getting to be common these days. Assuming that you are in the States, Best Buy runs a weekly sale on one brand of DVD. Two weeks ago I purchased 50 TDK+Rs for $49.99. The –Rs were also on sale. This week they have Memorex on sale. They also do it for CD-Rs.

The sale item changes every Sunday and is not always in the Sunday paper’s inserts. What I do is go to their website and order a batch. There is no shipping charge if you have it sent to your home but sales tax is charged. What I generally do is order Sunday morning and pick it up at the store on Monday on my way home from work. Some times if I am out on Sunday, I’ll swing by the store in the afternoon and pickup my order. By ordering it online I know that the store will have it for me.

As for PS2, sorry can’t help with that but I have found no difference between Memorex and TDX for use on home units.

3. oumassara

oumassara Member

Thanks Palmyra, interestingly, Best Buy is where I've been going to get my TDKs (I'm in the US)... the 25 packs have regularly been just $35... When I went to bestbuy.com however, the 25 packs were $50. I'll go check it out again and see what I can find. Thanks again for you help.

Does anyone know if the Memorex DVD-R's work in version 1.3 PS2's??