1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

question about modding my slim

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by kingofall, Jan 23, 2012.

1. kingofall

kingofall Regular member

i dont recall exactly what version my xbox dashboard is but im 100% its under 13599 i believe it is more like 12549. im gonna be modding it. i can figure that part out, but my question is how do i prevent my drive from getting locked with the update? i have a spare liteon from my phat xbox. is there a mod i can do to this drive? thank you

2. kingofall

kingofall Regular member

or is there anything u guys would recommend me doing? im gonna have to update soon. this is my spare slim so not in a huge hurry. ive considered external drives. just need to read alot more about them.

3. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

Well you need to update to the most current dash anyway to run LT 3.0. The liteon winbond requires drilling into the chip to unlock. The other chipset can be unlocked by cutting a couple of traces. You should invest in a TeamX pcb while you're at it. If you don't have a lizard you need that to dump the keys.

4. infam0us

infam0us Regular member

i dont like messing with traces and i do the drill trick and still works just gots to be xtra careful

5. kingofall

kingofall Regular member

i dont have to unlock it. i just have to keep it from getting locked.