1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about mpeg to VCD format?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by lodogg, Jul 31, 2002.

1. lodogg

lodogg Member

I'm alittle confused I was able to create a CD that would play in a regular DVD player but not a Playstation DVD player? I took a mpeg video ripped it to a DiVx video and a wav with the Flask software then I took TMPGEnc to rip the Two files into a Mpeg2 format then I used Nero to burn it as a Video CD which I guess converted the Mpeg2 to the VCD format. Can someone tell me what I did wrong for it not to play in a Playstation? And it play's to slow? I'm a HUGH NEWBIE:) Any help would be appreciated. I need my rave video's on DVD:)>

2. TXDVDfan

TXDVDfan Member

Unfortunately, PS2 will not play VCD or SVCD.

3. lodogg

lodogg Member

What form does Playstation read if it's not VCD? How can I burn it so the Playstation can play the video? There has to be one codec that will play in a DVD player and playstation? Thanks for the feedback any more help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    LoDoGg

4. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

I imagine only stuff PS2 will ever play are DVD-R discs and obviously you need a DVD burner for that.

5. lodogg

lodogg Member

Are you positive!! That's a real bummer! I guess I have to go buy and expensive DVD player:)>

6. TheFlyer

TheFlyer Guest