1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

question about Multiple Gamer tags

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by pilotriaz, Jan 8, 2012.

1. pilotriaz

pilotriaz Member

Hi,

If i have multiple gamer tags on my 360, say 3 gamer tags for example.
    If my console got banned would all 3 gamertags be banned?
    Or will the gamer tag i am logged in as be banned?

I'm thinking of creating a gamer tag and signing in to Xbox Live on my LT3 firmware, if i am not banned then i know it's safe and i can log in with my main gamer tag.
    I don't want to lose my gamer profile.

regards, Riaz

2. xBRFCx

xBRFCx Member

it the console that get banned not the game tag

3. funksoulb

funksoulb Regular member

MS can do console bans or gamertag bans. If your 360 is detected as being flashed due to playing pirated games, then you'll get a console ban. Gamertag bans are usually handed out for other breaches of the terms of service, such as modding your avatar, unlocking achievements you haven't legitimately earned and so on.

So as long as you don't do anything stupid and you're just playing backups on Live, the worst you will get is a console ban. If that happens, you can get another console and log in with your existing gamertag.

Also, bans don't work instantaneously. MS track what you're doing over time and then ban consoles in waves, so logging in with a brand new gamertag just to "test the water" won't work.

This could change at any point and MS may start using gamertag bans for playing backups in future, but up to now it's always been a console ban for using a flashed 360 on Live, and gamertag bans for other breachs of the TOS.

4. pilotriaz

pilotriaz Member

5. pilotriaz

pilotriaz Member

Thanks for the detailed info.
    I found some more info, gamertag could get banned at same time when console gets banned.

from this site: http://www.animenews.biz/microsoft-disables-hard-drives-on-banned-consoles-2418/

Your Gamertag may be corrupted. This does not mean your gamertag has been banned, you can recover it using any live-capable 360, however ANY ACHIVEMENTS YOU HAVE EARNED SINCE BEING BANNED WILL BE LOST. Your gamertag will be corrupted EVERY SINGLE TIME it is used on a banned console. This means you cannot use your banned console to play backups offline just to get achievements – it wont work, the second you put your profile back on a good 360, it will be corrupted and all progress lost. There is no way around this