1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

question about my 60gig ps3

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by pomp3y, Jan 29, 2008.

1. pomp3y

pomp3y Regular member

i formated my hard drive the other day as my ps3 kept freezing anyway now everything has been formated i look at the system information and it says 47gig out of 55gig im just wondering why this is i have version 2.10 on my system and i am thinking it is because of the updates can anyone please confirm this is right
    thanks for your time in advance

2. marcusita

marcusita Regular member

I dont think system updates are stored on the Harddrive,they are saved there temporarily i think.

There is no way you would have 8gbs worth of updates anyway.

When a Harddrive is formated it never gives you what the Harddrive states it is.

3. pomp3y

pomp3y Regular member

then why the fack have i only got 47gig out of 50gig the only thing i can think of is its the ps3 OS i got 60gig when formated it went to 55gig which is about right the rest must be the ps3 OS anyone else have a better idea of if this is right

4. dab0ne

dab0ne Regular member

im sure there is a lot of programming involved just having the ps3 menu up. for example your settings list and all of those different settings have to be saved to you hard drive. there are just basic things that any computers hard drive needs on it to allow the operating system to work ie programs and other software. the ps3 is a massive system and it could quite possibly be taking up that much room just to have necessary operating programming. now that you mention it, i looked at mine and its taking up just about the same amount of room with nothing saved to the hard drive.

5. pomp3y

pomp3y Regular member

o-right kool so it was just the updates then just like windows for pc it takes so much hard drive then with updates it uses more thanks for that info m8 nice one

6. marcusita

marcusita Regular member

Firmware updates DONT take up any room on your harddrive.

7. canuckerz

canuckerz Regular member

Correctamundo, they are stored on the PS3's flash just like the PSP.

8. pomp3y

pomp3y Regular member

then why do i only have 47gig out of 55 with nothing on my hard drive wot so eva

9. marcusita

marcusita Regular member

Dude it just is that way,as i said in your other post,you never get the amount of GBs on your harddrive that the manufacturer says it has.