1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about my TV and the size of my picture

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by koolyoe, Jun 5, 2007.

1. koolyoe

koolyoe Regular member

Hi i have this big TV and its kinda old but anyways the picture for some reason is bigger then the actual screen. I have tried looking at the settings to see if you could adjust the size. I think its a projection tv. if you have an idea as what to do that would be great thanks.

Oh its an RCA TV.

2. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

you should be able to adjust the picture with the TVs remote

Normal
    Full
    Widescreen
    Wide zoom

3. koolyoe

koolyoe Regular member

the remote i dont think its the original one, i had to program it for this tv. and the picture size i would say is about 1 inch bigger on all sides. lol i was thinking of removing the black trim around the inside of the tv.

4. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

you should be able to access the same settings the remote has on the front panel of the TV set

5. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

Overscan is normal on TVs. they are not monitors.

6. ireland

ireland Active member

Horizontal Vertical position may be set via a switch or jumper, a pot, or (mostly in B/W TVs) a set of rings on the CRT neck.

Horizontal size Vertical size should be set so that there is about 10-15 percent overscan left and right and top and bottom. This will allow ample margin for power line voltage fluctuations, component aging,

Many sets no longer have any horizontal Vertical size adjustments and depend on accurate regulation of the voltage to the horizontal output stage to control horizontal size. There may be a B+ adjustment to perform first.

On those that do, the adjustment may either be done by setting the B+ voltage, by a pot, or a width coil in series with the horizontal or Vertical deflection coils.

Modern sets do not generally have any linearity control but you may find this on older models. You will need to go back and forth between size and linearity as these adjustments are usually not independent.

Some of the newest sets control all these parameters via settings in non-volatile memory and use service menus accessed via the remote control for nearly all setup adjustments.

7. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Another possible cause, if you have cable or satellite could be the cable or satellite box; most of them have setup menus with options as to how the signal is sent from the box to the TV. Many people don't realize this so they overlook it.

8. koolyoe

koolyoe Regular member

ok well ill mess around with it , but i have no clue as to what IRELAND is talking about :/