1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about new 1.00-3.50 exploit from noobz

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by PSWii60, Jun 24, 2007.

1. PSWii60

PSWii60 Member

How come they didn't wait until the PSP2 came out, and use the exploit on that firmware. Now, the odds are that when it supposedly comes out in a month or 2, there will be a new firmware that fixes the bug in Lumines. Odds are, if they came out with a new firmware for PSP2, the exploit would have worked because the exploit is possible on every single one of the firmwares. Even if they did come out with a new firmware when the PSP comes out, you can always still make a downgrader for those who bought PSPs with 3.10+. Now we may have to wait a while if in fact the PSP2 does come out for a new exploit. It took about 4 months for the 3.10 exploit to come out I think, so I would imagine it could possibly take 6 months. I just don't understand the thinking of Noobz with this exploit.

2. FW330

FW330 Guest

hold up theres a psp2 coming out

3. PSWii60

PSWii60 Member

it hasn't been confirmed, but there are LOADS of rumors. The latest rumor was about 2 weeks ago. Here is the link of what the PSP2 has to offer:

http://kotaku.com/gaming/rumor/further-psp-slim-details-268058.php

Its name has actually been changed around from PSP2, to Cobalt, now to PSP Slim, though I still like to call it PSP2. Sorry for the confusion.

4. FW330

FW330 Guest

i dont think theres one coming out cuz sony its spending most of its time trying to stop all this hacking everyone is doing

5. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

why mess around with the psp? it is an awesome portable, and it fits in my pocket (not as easily as i would like, but still, with a screen like that...) even if a psp2 comes out, it will not replace a psp. that is sentencing a console to death. (unless of course, the psp2 is backwards compatible, but then people would complain that psp is not forwards compatible, so to speak) so if this does eventually come out, it will not be for a while. it will come when the psp sales drop to almost 0, and pop, psp2 takes over. if it does come out soon, it will be the ds lite to the ds: small improvements all around, nothing really big.

6. PSWii60

PSWii60 Member

well, actually the "PSP2" has the same specs as the current PSP, though there are some hardware differences. For example, the PSP2 is rumored to have an LED screen, 8GB of flash memory, and a built in camera. It has the same buttons, and CPU/GPU power, just it has a different look and outer hardware. It's still going to be backwards compatible, just it may have a later firmware than 3.50. It's going to be backwards compatible with the current PSP, and the current PSP is going to be forwards compatible with the new one, according to the rumors. Point is, they should've saved the exploit for later.

7. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

ya i no that. but these are just rumors.it might not even come this year. it might not even be real, just speculation.

8. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

It's not a PSP 2...It's more like a PSP Lite. It plays all the same games, it's just gonna be more slim and pocket friendly. I'd rather have mine though because the screen will probably be smaller on the new one.
    I read on QJ that it isn't supposed to come with a built in, and they are more at 4gb internal memory.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2007
  9. PSWii60

PSWii60 Member

I'm having real trouble deciding. Should I get thew new PSP if it comes out (If they don't announce it at E3, then I'll forget it), or should I get a Camouflage PSP? I don't know what I should do :-/

10. staxx

staxx Regular member

Its possible the new exploit would work on the new psp, but chances are the new psp will have a new model of motherboard which may not allow the exploit to work...I'm no expert on coding tho so dont quote me, its just a thought. If you ask me tho, i think they should have waited until Sony had released some valuable updates to the firmwares rather than just the usual upgraded psx emulation.

11. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

Yeah, I think so to. They should of kept it completely secret until they were done the downgrader, or just waited for more firmwares to be released. Sony people patrol the web looking for threads/news about stuff like this happening. Oh well, at least we will still have a lot of happy people with this. (Especially my friend that's on 3.11)

12. PSWii60

PSWii60 Member

that's exactly what I"m saying staxx and glenquag. They should've waited, and kept it a secret. It was horrible planning on Noobz's part. I would've waited for a full downgrader to be released befroe revealing an exploit. Well, there is some good news here, and no, I didn't just save a bunch of money on car inssurance by switching to Geico. The good news is that maybe there are other exploits in games that we haven't really looked through yet. I dont' know how many PSP games there are in total (including imports), but I'd say ther are around 50-100. If they were to look in every single one of those games, and every single future game, I woudl be shocked if they don't find an exploit. So, basically, all you have to do is wait.

13. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

I believe this whole thread is useless, why? Because if they the Noobz team didn't release this then there would be another thread started with noobs galore bitc**n about how theres no downgrader yet. And yet here we have solid proof that there is a exploit and that a downgrader will be coming.

Well what if they had waited for the PSP2 to come out?-What if it doesn't come out for a year? If the Noobz/PSP hackers don't have insider info how are they to know when it will be released?

Any complaining about how the gave news of a exploit found in the Lumines game? Well what if Sony found the exploit first? Then they would have sent out a lot more "patched" versions and the Noobz team may have never gotten the chance to discover this exploit.

14. PSWii60

PSWii60 Member

It would be too late for Sony to recall every single Lumines game. They shoudl have kept the whole exploit thing a secret until a later firmware comes out, or until a downgrader comes out and then search thoroughly through every single game that exists on the PSP for a simillar exploit, and use that instead. I don't agree with what you're saying, PeaInAPod, I think that people will be complaining even more for when the downgrader will come out, because they are all impatient b@$+@rds. What if the downgrader doesn't come out for a year? Then what will all of those 3.10+ users do?

15. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

The downgrader will be released shortly, they are already running their own code/programs. It's not like they have to design and dream up a way to downgrade. They already do, and that is by HEN, a.k.a Homebrew ENabler. All they have to do is code a version of HEN to take advantage of this exploit and there good to go.