1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about new games

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Badkarma, Apr 27, 2004.

1. Badkarma

Badkarma Regular member

i just bought a new premodded playstation 2 dms3 but i was wondering if it will always work on brand new games or will you always have to update your card as new games come out?won't newer games recoginize older modchips?

2. Mouth_uk

Mouth_uk Regular member

DMS3 should be fine until the Playstation 3 comes out... then we're all screwed. lol

3. Badkarma

Badkarma Regular member

i'm sure they'll figure something out for playstation 3

4. Mouth_uk

Mouth_uk Regular member

We know they will but it wont be affordable for a long time.
    lol

5. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

300 for ps3 200 for a chip lol
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]does any one has GameSahrk2 v4.0 or Sharkport2?[/small]

Last edited: Apr 27, 2004
  6. convolute

convolute Regular member

Don't forget how they only had gameshark/swap chips at first too... The earlier mods may become obsolete quickly

7. Badkarma

Badkarma Regular member

i'm just going to try and be happy with my ps2 until all the prices drop on ps3 witch could be in like 2007.

8. TheAssman

TheAssman Guest

Id easily pay up to 750 bucks for a premodded ps3.

9. XziBiT13

XziBiT13 Member

try and be happy? whats wrong with a ps2 lol. games are wicked, graphics are good. i wont be buying ps3 ever. ps2 is good for me for a while. im a satisfied person :)

10. Hanedrick

Hanedrick Regular member

I wonder if you will be able to use a a fliptop cover or slide-card method like you can with the ps2. If so then they would have to come up a Swap Magic like boot disc for the ps3. I probably won't buy the ps3 right when it comes but I will as soon as it's price goes down.

11. benagain

benagain Regular member

My main concern with the PS3 is the media it may use. I'm worried that it will use a disk that can only be read by the PS3 (like the gamecube). I've read reports about how Microsoft andf Sony is looking for new high-capacity media for the games, but I'm just hoping they just use DVD9.

12. Badkarma

Badkarma Regular member

even if they do use some new type of disk it will just be a matter of time before somebody releases the same disk only burnable,but you'll probably have to my a new burner too.

13. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

if you havent noticed... even IF and thats a big if.. sony uses dvd9 for games.... it wont be a problem... cuz you will be able to copy it using sonys dvd9 burner lol... ironic aint it lol....

14. Badkarma

Badkarma Regular member

that's what i never understood sony doesn't want you to burn there games yet they make the hardware to do it.There making money oneway or another.

15. benagain

benagain Regular member

Yea, I'm thinking DVD9 is the way to go. If they use anything else, I'll be pretty much screwed. I just keep remembering the early PS1 days before I got a burner and a mod. I lost prolly over half my games to sratches and dumbass friends. I haven't had that problem in a long time. When the PS3 comes out, I'll be damned if I pay $50 for a game (or more) and only get to play it for a week before it's fubared.

16. Mouth_uk

Mouth_uk Regular member

Badkarma: Thats presuming that we're all using Sony hardware and media.

17. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

sony gets 50$ from 1 game 150 from 1 ps2 and 120 for 1 burner now lets do the math today about half of the panet has a ps2 and they buy games lets say 12,000,000,000 people got the ps2 now those people got the ps2 and pay 150 EACH thats 1,800,000,000,000 in $ lol... now lets say about 1,000,000,000 buy the burner thats 120 EACH... 12,000,000,000$ and the same number for the games only 3 times bigger... 36,000,000,000$.. lets sum it up... TAHTS A WHOLE LOAD OF CASH!!!... i wont even add them all up you just see how much zeros it has lol...