1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

question about NTSC/PAL

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by edge2121, Feb 6, 2008.

1. edge2121

edge2121 Member

Hey everyone! im new here and i have a quick question. I recently bought a broken xbox 360 from ebay with the RROD, intending to fix it myself for a spare console. I got it today and was checking the mfr date to find out what drive was in it and i found out its a PAL system. The warranty seal is intact. does anyone think its possible for me to send it to microsoft and have them convert it to NTSC while fixing the RROD problem or am i SOL?

2. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

They'll either repair it or replace it with another unit. If they repair it then you're stuck with a PAL unit. If they replace it they you'll get a console which matches the region you're in.

3. steimy

steimy Active member

I doubt very highly that MS will do anything about your problem. You can alwasy turn around and sell it on Ebay or something then get yourself another one. Making sure to ask the seller if it is PAL or NTSC this time. If you took the small amount of money it took to repair it i am sure you could make a decent profit selling a working 360.

4. Dindi304

Dindi304 Guest

Hmm if its broken and the person sold it on ebay i wouldnt be to sure that they didnt try to send it back to M$ already. I personaly have never seen anything about changing a Pal to NSTC but im sure if you look hard enough you could find a tut out there showing you how to.

5. edge2121

edge2121 Member

thanks for the replies. guess im gunna fix it and resell, we'll see what happens. thanks