1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

question about "open tray"

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by gsuscrazy, May 25, 2007.

1. gsuscrazy

gsuscrazy Regular member

I have now attempted 8 games, 2 have succeeded, 6 are bricked. I have used imgburn, and clonecd, imgburn has given me a "finalise failure" error all but twice (the times it succeeded) I have set my LG burner to DvdRom booktype, I burn at 2.4, my media, is memorex branded (ritek) so i understand they arent great, but I dont get it...why would I be getting the open tray error everytime through clonecd, and how can i prevent the imgburn errors?

2. wiseup

wiseup Member

hi can you tell me what kind of drive you have in you 360 cause the open tray is a comman problen when you flash you 360 i had it but there is a simple method to sort this out and it involves a elastic band ,maybe it`s you dvd burner mate i dont use lg i have stuck with pioneers they are the best

3. steimy

steimy Active member

If the burn is failing on the PC side then the burner or outdated firmware could be the problem. It could also be the discs as well. some questions:
    1. Is the burner internal or external?
    2. Did you manually set the layer break in IMGburn?
    3. Have you looked to see if your burner has the most recent firmware available?
    4. Have you tried any other kind of disc?

Tips:
    1. I suggest you use IMGburn 2.1 which is an older version i know but has worked great.
    2. always keep your firmware up to date
    3. use an internal DVD burner when ever possible
    4. If the disc has a max speed of 6X or 8X try burning at 4X
    5. If using IMGburn and manually setting the layer break do not load the DVD file like most people or guides would tell you, load the actual ISO (image) file instead. The DVD file is nothing more then a text file that tells the burner how to burn the ISO. Since you manually set the speed, booktype and layer break there is nothing more it needs to tell it.
    6. ALWAYS booktype DVD+R as DVD-Rom if your burner can do it.

People may of course disagree with some of this but i have a 100% success rate bacing up my games and have done quite a few.

4. gsuscrazy

gsuscrazy Regular member

internal drive, did not manually set the break, using .dvd files, and I just found out that i have an outdated firmware v.00, now getting v01 will update accordingly, and do follow up