1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about playing back-ups

Discussion in 'PS2' started by gam3r, Apr 25, 2004.

1. gam3r

gam3r Member

Hello all i am new to these forums and i need some help.

Recently i made my own slide card using a template . Since i dont have swap magic or Action replay 2 i was wondering i could use a Action replay 2 Sampler disc which came with a ps2 magazine i bought a few days ago. Is it posible to use the sample disc as a boot disc?

Any Help Appreciated, Many Thanks.

gam3r

2. conny119

conny119 Guest

no it's more likely 2 b a cheat disk

3. Hanedrick

Hanedrick Regular member

I have never tried, it might it might not. The fact of the matter is that almost all of todays current ps2 games are dvd-r's. Booting them using the Action Replay/Gameshark just isn't worth it. Here are the instructions for booting dvd-r backups with the AR2:

You will have to use the "Too many codes" trick. Load AR2v2 Select Action Replay Codes Highlight 'Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX2' Code (or any that has around 60 codes activated) press START press EJECT and insert Original-TOC-DVD and press EJECT to close wait 10 Seconds now press X on 'with Codes' and X once again Error-Message appears: 'Too many Codes' Original-TOC-DVD stops spinning. Now, using the slide-card, swap the original dvd game with your dvd-r backup. press X to confirm Error-Message now press Circle twice to enter Mainmenu again choose 'START GAME', 'without Codes' and then X to boot the game.

With the swap magic all you have to do is this:
    1. Boot up the Swap Magic DVD version
    2. Swap the Swap Magic disc with your dvd-r backup using the slide-card
    3. Press X

See how much easier it is with the Swap Magic. Go ahead and just get the Swap Magic... it'll make your life easier:)