1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about PSP CPU Clock

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by MidnightJ, Apr 7, 2007.

1. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

Like overclocking a CPU in a computer, can i possibly shorten the life span/overheat my PSP by putting the CPU clock up? I figured the developers of the custom firmware and PSP developers in general regulate it so it doesn't overheat your PSP? Because my PSP gets really warm when i put the clock up to 333 MHz. I usually just use 266 or 300. Im mostly wondering though is if it shortens the life span of your PSP.

2. staxx

staxx Regular member

No it doesnt shorten your psp life span. The only thing it does is create less playing time from a full battery charge because it drains the battery quicker.

3. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

That's nice to know, because with computer overclocking shortens life span of computer parts a lot and causes them to heat, and without proper cooling literally melt inside your machiene. I guess ill just play off of an Adapter as much as i can. I could always buy a battery replacment then.

4. staxx

staxx Regular member

I think you misunderstood what i wrote...basically when you overclock your psp it will drain the battery quicker, so instead of having lets say 6 hours of gameplay youll have 4.
    It doesnt kill/shorten the battery life span, just shortens the amount of gameplay or usage of a full charge.